Can a dealer refund you for a part?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
2020 GTS300 HPE
Sun May 02, 2021 5:27 am quote
I picked up my Vespa in early January. I ordered a Vespa windshield at that time also. I haven't called to get an update again but a month or so ago, that part had not left the country at all. I know that they tell us parts are NOT refundable.

So, who has the money? The dealership orders the part, pays, and then the company in Italy has it?? I figure if new Vespas are being sent to the US, some of them come with a windshield, right?? And those windshields must still be manufactured? I don't see where the problem is. I would like the dealer to send me a windshield off a Vespa they have on the showroom floor! haha.

I know things have been tough in Italy with Covid. I guess I should have thought this through a little better and gone with a US source. I will give the dealership a call Monday.
Addicted
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory
Sun May 02, 2021 6:06 am quote
In essence, can you get a refund? The answer is yes, according to the FTC.

Make sure to read the section about DELAYS, SHIP DATES, and REFUNDS, here at the Federal Trade Commission – Consumer Information website.

If no specific time is promised, your order must be shipped within 30 days from the merchant’s receiving a "properly completed order" with your name, address and payment by check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account.

If the order is not shipped within the promised time, the merchant must notify you of the revised shipping date and give you the option to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date.

FYI …many credit card issuers have policies against sellers charging a credit card account before shipment. Has your credit card been charged? You may want to review your monthly credit card statements. If you paid by cash or check, the seller must give you a refund within seven working days after the order is canceled.

Hope this helps?
Addicted
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Sun May 02, 2021 6:17 am quote
With all the Covid drama still around you will wait. I work in manufacturing and we get shut down when we run out of parts. Be patient, we're all waiting on something. Now, with regards to a refund. How you paid will come into play. I no longer mess with PayPal but I hear their easy to deal with on refunds. You credit card comes with its own super powers and finally, if you paid with a debit card, reach out to your bank.

The dealers policy usually will not refund on any electrical arts, and most dealers won't order electrical parts without a VIN, that way they make 100% sure their ordering the correct part for you. Then you have general parts and finally accessories. Awhile back I was giving away windshields while I was buying them and realizing I hated them for one reason or another. I still got a factory Piaggio tall "headlight glare" windscreen sitting in the rafters in my garage. I had no takers on making it vanish. If you want a factory tall Piaggio screen let me get the part number and post it later.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Sun May 02, 2021 6:44 am quote
I felt like I was being watched ...
I can tell you how things are in Italy.
When you buy a scooter, the accessories are all bought and installed later; you pay them when they arrive.
The Vespa but also other scooters never have the accessories already fitted except when the manufacturer provides for an "original accessories package" which, if ordered together with the vehicle, must be written on the "sales contract" including the additional price for accessories and including the down payment if it has been given.
Do US dealers do the contract when you buy a vehicle? Here it is mandatory, it has legal and fiscal value.
In Italy, the Covid situation is slightly improving, 20 million people out of just over 50 million have been vaccinated and factories and other activities are not yet fully functional (about 70% in) and in any case shipments around the world suffer greatly from the procedures of sterilization and control of goods, you need to have a little patience.
Addicted
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Sun May 02, 2021 7:58 am quote
priscillaj, the tall windscreen is for a Liberty. I purchased it from Scooterwest. It's part number 1B002633 and 1B003663. Says 21" tall and 28" wide. I'm pretty sure there's a reason it wont work, so do your research. It's FREE, just cover shipping. It's complete, all hardware is accounted for and it has zero blemishes or scratches. Again, FREE just cover shipping if you think it will work.
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Sun May 02, 2021 1:15 pm quote
Call them. Ask where your windshield is. If they can’t give an adequate answer or a timeline as to when you will receive it, demand a refund and buy it elsewhere.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am quote
The problem with all these solutions might be that the windshield was financed along with the scooter, and cannot be simply refunded to a charge card or rolled out of the deal.
Covid has played havoc with supply chains in Italy and Asia, and various parts have been hard to come by. For a while, DellOrto was having supply chain problems and we couldn't get stock DellOrto 12mm carbs for the ET2. So we reached out to Malossi, who were able to get them for us. Eight months later, we were able to buy them directly again. Not a big issue, unless you own an ET2 and need a carburetor.
A couple of solutions I can propose are to buy another windshield or ask your dealer to reach out to us and buy another windshield. If you buy one yourself, you can get the Malossi midsize for about $100 and might find that you like it better than the stock shield. Or your dealer can reach out to us, we will set them up with a dealer account if they don't already have one, and they can purchase either the medium or tall shield that is specific to the HPE, both in stock, and install it on your bike. When your dealer gets the shield that was meant for your scooter, the odds are that someone else will buy it the next time they sell a Vespa.
Hooked
2020 GTS300 HPE
Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 am quote
I believe there is a shipping container waiting to unload on the west coast somewhere, but that's not the official story yet. Yes, many things will take a long time to straighten out because of the covid. Last time I had them check, it hadn't left the country 'over there'.
Hooked
2020 GTS300 HPE
Thu May 06, 2021 12:17 pm quote
no ETA in sight
Refund is coming. Yeah.
Hooked
2020 GTS300 HPE
Thu May 06, 2021 12:51 pm quote
sc00ter wrote:
priscillaj, the tall windscreen is for a Liberty. I purchased it from Scooterwest. It's part number 1B002633 and 1B003663. Says 21" tall and 28" wide. I'm pretty sure there's a reason it wont work, so do your research. It's FREE, just cover shipping. It's complete, all hardware is accounted for and it has zero blemishes or scratches. Again, FREE just cover shipping if you think it will work.
Looked it up and also don't understand 'there's a reason it won't work' part! I'm 5 feet 4 inches and don't like to look through a windshield. It seems like I would be cutting a lot of it down. I get disoriented looking through the plastic, and night is really bad, not that I would be out on the Vespa at that time! I'll think on it. Here is what I see on Scooterwest: LARGE WINDSCREEN PIAGGIO LIBERTY 50/150 ABS. No image available for the Tall windshield.
I have a good jigsaw though.

And is this the one that covers the grip area? Are you saying it won't work on a 2020 Vespa GTS?
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Sun May 09, 2021 1:37 pm quote
priscillaj wrote:
Are you saying it won't work on a 2020 Vespa GTS?
If it did, there would be one part number with a long list of what it fits.
Addicted
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Sun May 09, 2021 2:54 pm quote
Motovista is correct. If it fit other applications they would all be listed as cross-compatible. You (priscillaj) can reach out to Scooter West and ask them if they think it would work. If I recall it does cover the grips. Anyways, look into if its compatible at all, and let us know if it is or isn't. The screen is just sitting in the box taking up space.

Im not even sure if it came from Scooter West or AF1 Racing. My wife purchased it for me but the glare (issue has been covered in another thread) was to much on my Liberty to tolerate. I ended up getting the Faco flyscreen.
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.0475s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0199s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]