1980 P200E Pinasco Ignition Flywheel Conversion
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
2016 GTS300 Super Sport, 2019 GTS300 Yacht Club, 1980 P200E
Mon May 03, 2021 9:34 pm quote
Hi all. I am rebuilding a 1980 P200E and needed to replace the stator (whole other story to which I won't get into). I picked up the Pinasco Flytech for my model from SIP. I started to work on it and realized the instructions are worthless. None of the wiring matches up. So I trolled some old posts and cut and pasted together what I could and came up with this diagram. You all think this is accurate?

Addicted
GL, PK, PE200 with hack, Sears Rust Badge
Wed May 05, 2021 9:15 am quote
I must admit I'm not familiar with hooking a double yellow wire P with the newer stators. It's just wired different then a regular P because of the out of production regulator that was used. So here are some options.

Using this diagram, to me most of what you have seems OK but I do questioned something. The purple wire going to the new regulator is for DC power and should not connect to that regulator's AC power. Disconnect that wire and leave it alone for now. I think you may need to tape it up.

If that setup don't work try this at the regulator:
GickSpeed wrote:
i have done several of these conversions for American market P-series.
1. Attached your red/white to yellow #1 at junction box. that takes unregulated AC to your new regulator. you will need to regulate both yellow's at regulator. now you have regulated AC going back to junction in yellow #2. Tie Regulated AC into your Purple, you now have regulated AC to headset!

2. take your pink (coming from fuse) and tie in into your CD at regulator. you now have DC going to fuse/battery.

3. the wire coming off of X on your flasher to original regulator, tape it off. you will no longer need this one.

btw. yellow/white coming from stator will not be used.
Please advise which one worked for you.
Good luck!
2016 GTS300 Super Sport, 2019 GTS300 Yacht Club, 1980 P200E
Wed May 05, 2021 9:37 am quote
Great thank you. I made a couple revisions to my diagram I sent and is very similar to this, some differences at the regulator. This gives me a couple different options to try.
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.0332s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0144s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]