Tue May 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Lurker
LXV150ie

Lurker
LXV150ie
Tue May 04, 2021 5:50 pm linkquote
I am a lazy mechanic, so this method might save someone else some time.

-->I removed the entire glovebox panel, which requires removing the horn cover to get to the two body bolts underneath on the front (and the three bolts in the glovebox).
    -->Using a thin coat hanger, I snaked it inside the throttle side floorboard, coming out right around where the 02 sensor connects.
    -->I made a tiny loop on the end of the hanger and tied the tach lead to it.
    -->Then, I pulled it through, and wrapped it around the spark plug wire.
    -->I zip tied the tach lead to the 02 sensor wire to keep it away from the muffler.

The positioning of this works just fine for the usual diagnostics. I like this unit a lot. It gives you a lot of customization and a nice clock when the motor is off. You can even set a backlight trigger for RPM thresholds, so it turns red.

Wed May 05, 2021 5:53 am

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
Wed May 05, 2021 5:53 am linkquote
That looks good for diagnostics and setup. Easier than one that needs a power supply.
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2021 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0313s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0092s) ][ Debug on ][ 209 ][ Thing One ]