Scooter has been sold.

Contact me: Either via a PM here, or send a text message to ‪(678) 688-6344‬

This is a like-new, one owner 2006 Vespa GT200 with 500 miles on the clock. The original owner bought the scooter for his wife and rode it a little. She never rode it, and it sat under the Vespa scooter cover in North Carolina for years.

Not quite a barn find, but definitely a "sat under a cover in a mild climate" find. This is the last year of the carbureted GT200 line with the ultra-reliable leader motor.

I bought the scooter in January 2021 and performed the basic carb cleaning and battery swap to get it running again. Then I kept going and maintained the scoot as if I was going to ride it across the country.

Top Speed
Over 80 MPH (downhill)

Mileage
Bought with 497 miles
Currently 541 miles, might go up slightly

Maintenance
1) Carburetor - Removed the carb, cleaned all the jets.

2) Replaced old rubber fuel and vacuum lines with premium Tygon lines.

3) Replaced air filter.

4) Changed oil and oil filter.

5) Replaced battery with OEM Yuasa.

6) New tires - Michelin Power Pure SC Tires
140/70-12 - rear
130/70-12 - front

Body Condition
This is the nicest 2006 GT 200 you'll find that's not museum quality. I would say the body is 8 of 10. The right rear cowl had some light scratches from leaning against a wall at some point. I filled them with a color-matched paint pen, which is included in the sale.

The "mouse ear" mirrors and the bar ends had some surface rust. I knocked off the rust with a Nyalox wheel brush and then coated the metal with a light film to prevent corrosion. These are replaceable parts if you're seeking the perfect scoot.

Why Selling
I wanted a winter project, and I thought my 6 year-old would enjoy riding on the back of the scooter in the Spring. He prefers to ride on my Yamaha V-Max, so I’m hoping to get the scooter into the hands of a Vespa enthusiast who appreciates this amazing example of the GT200.

Listing this in multiple locations (FB, CL, ModernVespa.com) and will sell to the first cash buyer. We can exchange the scooter and title for cash at a police station for everyone’s safety. Not interested in trades or loans.

Details for Vespa Gurus
Clear title in hand
All original keys, including the brown key
Color is silver aka "Excalibur 738/A"
OEM floor mat
OEM color-matched top case with backrest
OEM windscreen
Original manual
Original tool kit
OEM Vespa scooter cover for storage
Battery Tender charging cable installed
Sold and titled as 2006 model, technically manufactured in Nov. 2005