Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 pm

'74 ET3

'74 ET3
Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 pm linkquote
Hi Guys,

As per a previous post, I am soon to import our two small frames into the UK from Germany.

After doing a little research, I have come to release that we were actually quite spoilt having SIP right on our doorstep! I can't seem to find much that comes close to the experience of ordering from them and I'm concerned that since Brexit, there is going to be various issues with VAT + other import fees, driving up the price.

So, for those of you in the UK, where would you recommend to order parts from? Are you using eBay for small/cheap parts?

Do we prefer Lamberetta in the UK or something!?

Sat May 22, 2021 9:33 am

Hooked
PX

Hooked
PX
Sat May 22, 2021 9:33 am linkquote
I have ordered from three UK scooter part suppliers.
Allstyles scooters in hants - reliable.
Thanet area scooter services- reliable
Beedspeed - a whole lot of issues and zero communication in chasing parts having 450 quid tied up in order. Took money and refused to reply , parts came over a month later and no apology.
Sip - heard mixed reports of customs charges which is random depending on customs dip checks, but if charged its 20% vat and 12% surface charge from our government delightful HMRC.
Some parts are still very delayed coming through from Europe, such as barrel kits. Friend has three scooters held up waiting for parts for vespa and lambretta.
If you can source on ebay and parts are legit its worth a punt if they are UK based.
Sat May 22, 2021 11:50 am

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious
Sat May 22, 2021 11:50 am linkquote
UK parts suppliers
Good = Wasp Performance and Ron Daley (OEM PX stuff), VespaJets, OnSmallWheels. I have not used AllStyles for many years, but no complaints

Reasonable = VE UK. I bought my Vape from them on Black Friday at a good price, but the website is c.1998

Disappointing = PM Tuning. I bought OEM gasket sets from them last year and they sent me flimsy RMS stuff. They claimed that RMS is OEM supplier to Piaggio, but you can get the proper gaskets in the blue and white Piaggio folder packaging from other suppliers.

Bad = Beedspeed. As Ferris said, no communication, very late delivery, lack of knowledge. I think they are very busy at the moment, due to people using them out of desperation, on account of supply, price and customs issues with the Germans.
Sat May 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Hooked
PX

Hooked
PX
Sat May 22, 2021 2:15 pm linkquote
Yes I've used wasp too via ebay, very good. I've bought things like jets from ve too and very quick. Stupidly I accidentally used beedspeed again via ebay to get a px top headset and it arrived damaged. Sent in a flimsy jiffy bag and they refused to acknowledge my complaint. It should have been boxed and the packing was ripped hence it getting scuffed up in transit.
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  

All Content Copyright 2005-2021 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0419s ][ Queries: 28 (0.0222s) ][ Debug on ][ 201 ][ Thing Two ]