@lynnb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Ossessionato
@lynnb avatar
1963 VBB2T
UTC quote
I finally got around to changing from a Be3 to a Be5 , also I had thought I had a 118 on there but it was a 116 , hoping I didn't do any harm.
But wow what an amazing difference in pickup , now was it the change in the atomizer or the jet that gave this improvement ? So now I'm running with the 140/BE5/118 and the 50/120 , I always did have the 140 on the stack. I'm at 340 miles and wearing a big ass grin.
OP
@lynnb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Ossessionato
@lynnb avatar
1963 VBB2T
UTC quote
Ok after doing some reading I think I see what happened the BE5 is richer on the low end rpms and as well richer in the upper level rpm compared to the BE3 but going to a bigger jet pretty much rich ended up the upper end in addition to the richer of the BE5. So I can see how the BE5 may be an all around good atomizer and simply adjust the air jet and the main jet, hope that makes sense.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
I have dr177 24mm carb and road 2.0 with be5 ac 140 and 122 main 120/50 pilot and yes runs a tad rich on pilot but you can thrash the ass of it wot with brown plug. Compromise , rather not seize at 60 plus mph than have a slight splutter on one eighth throttle. Took me a while to get there but guys on here helped me find the right balance.
OP
@lynnb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Ossessionato
@lynnb avatar
1963 VBB2T
UTC quote
ferriswolf wrote:
I have dr177 24mm carb and road 2.0 with be5 ac 140 and 122 main 120/50 pilot and yes runs a tad rich on pilot but you can thrash the ass of it wot with brown plug. Compromise , rather not seize at 60 plus mph than have a slight splutter on one eighth throttle. Took me a while to get there but guys on here helped me find the right balance.
This is good to here.
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate

118 Days Since Last Explosion

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate

118 Days Since Last Explosion
UTC quote
You should just keep adding to your original build thread, Lynn. That way, you have a continuous work log you can refer back to down the road.

That process starts to fail once you're swapping motors between bikes, but you're not there...yet.
OP
@lynnb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Ossessionato
@lynnb avatar
1963 VBB2T
UTC quote
chandlerman wrote:
You should just keep adding to your original build thread, Lynn. That way, you have a continuous work log you can refer back to down the road.

That process starts to fail once you're swapping motors between bikes, but you're not there...yet.
Yes so true , when I get there I'll do that. Some day I will want to swap out this motor for something a bit more roddy. Laughing emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0278s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0051s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]