OP
@katana avatar
UTC

2006 Vespa LX150, 2006 Honda Zoomer

@katana avatar
UTC quote
Hello. I know I never posted here before and I can understand some members refraining from answering to questions that would supposedly be of use to steal/open the seat of the Vespa but I need just a confirmation if it is possible or not or if anyone did it before.

Facts are as follows. My friend locked his only remaining key inside his Vespa seat. Dumb, I have to admit, but nvm.

We've tried all the available methods described on the forum, with cables, wires, plastic rulers etc. Nothing worked btw, all the methods described, sometimes reluctantly by the members here, are for the older models, the new models have some sort of plastic neck around the lock that makes it almost impossible to open by inserting something to pull the locking hook.

After trying all, we finally drilled the lock (suffice to say that it did not work as well so we suck as Vespa thiefs ) and we ended up with a broken saddle lock mechanism and a closed saddle, after which a Vespa mechanic came and opened the saddle in about 15 mins with a method I will not describe here (our attempts took us +4 hrs, from 4PM to about 8.30PM)

Anyway now we got a new problem. We got a saddle with a broken saddle lock. The cable is intact, as well as the hook, the problem lies in the plastic part that was destroyed by drilling. I was aware the older Vespas (I got a 2005 LX150) had replacement locking mechanisms available on sip-scootershop.com and on Scooterwest.com, like the ones in the pictures attached.

Apparently these are not available for the newer Vespas and the Vespa people at the service gave us as the only option the complete saddle replacement.

So here comes the question. Did anyone try for any reason to replace the locking mechanism or cable of a Sprint/Primavera saddle? Is it possible to open the saddle to replace the locking mechanism? Is it by any chance the same part as the older one so he can order an LX mechanism for instance and use only the plastic part?

Thanks a lot for any info you might give.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@katana avatar
UTC

@katana avatar
UTC quote
Wow. Either the subject was of no interest to anyone or apparently no one has ever had issues with a Sprint/Sport/Primavera seat and I am in terra incognita of modernvespa.com.
Well just in case this is the case I will post here regular updates about the attempt to fix the saddle.
He ended up ordering a new seat to his scooter and since the cable on my LX just broke so I had to order the repair kit, we will open both of them and attempt to repair the locking mechanism of the Sport with the remaining parts.
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
LX 150

Lurker
LX 150
UTC quote
I am also new here and my seat is locked and won't open. My work bag and iPad are inside and when trying to find out how to open all I find is people not disclosing information because there might be thieves in the forum. I'm sorry but a thief isn't going to inquire how to open it the right way, they are going to crow bar it open. It's nothing but people being elitist with their nose in the air because you didn't ask in the right way. The info is all on YouTube so what are you going to police the internet. It's frustrating to be in a bind and instead of help, you get accused of being a thief. Get over yourself and maybe show compassion and help someone instead of saying their shady for asking a question publicly on a PUBLIC FORUM
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
Locked my keys in the 150 LX Seat

This should help you through it. There are pix and instructions and lots of banter back and forth but go through the whole thread. You will find solutions.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
Hank0Houston wrote:
I am also new here and my seat is locked and won't open. My work bag and iPad are inside and when trying to find out how to open all I find is people not disclosing information because there might be thieves in the forum. I'm sorry but a thief isn't going to inquire how to open it the right way, they are going to crow bar it open. It's nothing but people being elitist with their nose in the air because you didn't ask in the right way. The info is all on YouTube so what are you going to police the internet. It's frustrating to be in a bind and instead of help, you get accused of being a thief. Get over yourself and maybe show compassion and help someone instead of saying their shady for asking a question publicly on a PUBLIC FORUM
great first post, I think you'll get along here like gangbusters!
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
Hank0Houston wrote:
I am also new here and my seat is locked and won't open.
What color is your scooter?
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 57,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 57,000km
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
What color is your scooter?
you're quite the Cheeky Kiwi ain't you Razz emoticon
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

2015 Sprint50

2015 Sprint50
UTC quote
I just bought one two weeks ago from a friend and apparently slammed the saddle too hard and now I can't open with key. The local shop said the only way is to replace entire seat. Surely there's a better way. I tried to pry but it's pretty hard and wound up scratching my dragon red paint and so I quite. I'll try this plastic folder thing.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0349s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0111s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]