Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:28 am

Enthusiast
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Enthusiast
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:28 am linkquote
Hi Folks
This is a wonderfully detailed thread on the Mono mod for removing components of the tilt lock system and results of such changes. Readme1st ! : Modern Vespa Wiki

It might be worth putting a cleaned up summary on procedure, the photos, risks, and benefits into the Modern Vespa wiki.

Someday my own Mp3 tilt-lock system will suffer similar issues and such a refined procedure on the wiki system would make a decision on repair vs Mono Mod would be useful.
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:56 am

Hooked
2008 fuoco

Hooked
2008 fuoco
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:56 am linkquote
There was nothing wrong with my part of the tilt lock system ,it was just ( for me) something i thought might improve the fuoco/mp500 and it doe's . I'll take some photo's showing what i did.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:44 am

Hooked
2008 fuoco

Hooked
2008 fuoco
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:44 am linkquote
Here is what i did i replaced the rod that bolts to the bottom of the front shocker that is clamped (when the tilt lock is activated )with a 10mm x 135mm stainless stud threaded at both ends .Both nuts were treated with loctite i could have used nyloc nuts but was out of stock. I left the metalastic bush in situ as the spacer for the mudguard fixing you can just see it in the picture. Later on i removed it and replaced it with a plain alloy spacer . I did not fully tighten the nuts up i just left some free play just so i could revolve the stud by hand this was so the hydraulic clamps could move as intended but of coarce they are not actually having any effect on the tilt lock system. If i was to change the suspension bearings i would just remove both clamp units and there pipe work and junk them. Would i recommend doing the mono mod ? YES . If i'd known about it are was clever enough to have come up with the idea before ( THANK YOU MONO) i would not have dropped the bike twice early on in my ownership and come close to dropping the bike a few times since.
pinheadh78 wrote:
Hi Folks
This is a wonderfully detailed thread on the Mono mod for removing components of the tilt lock system and results of such changes. Readme1st ! : Modern Vespa Wiki

It might be worth putting a cleaned up summary on procedure, the photos, risks, and benefits into the Modern Vespa wiki.

Someday my own Mp3 tilt-lock system will suffer similar issues and such a refined procedure on the wiki system would make a decision on repair vs Mono Mod would be useful.

DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2021 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0451s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0246s) ][ Debug on ][ 209 ][ Thing One ]