Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:36 am

Lurker
Fuoco

Lurker
Fuoco
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:36 am linkquote
I'm hoping you can all help me with some ideas and advice for an electrical issue that is driving me mad.
We have a Fuoco 500. 2010 model in the UK.

We had a MOT test done the week before and nothing was out of plave.

The following week my wife returned home saying that the indicators had stopped working. Suspecting some water might have got into the switch I cleaned it up, the indications worked for a day and then packed in again. Then the mayhem started.

The following symptoms all started (or at least we noticed them) all at the same time:

1. Key fob saddle release suddenly stopped working. The saddle still opens but has to be manually from the ignition.
2. Turning the ignition on before and the bike stabilizer would beep and the dash would light up instantly. Now there is a delay with the beep and it sounds more like a crackling broken connection beep. The dash lights also are delayed and flicker for a second and then calm down and stay lit.
3. Indications have stopped working completely
4. Rear tail lights stopped working completely but brake lights still work.
5. Front driving lights are not working
6. With ingnition on, flicking the 'Passing' switch makes the dash and ignition turn off and completely reset itself.
7. With engine off, pulling a brake lever makes the dash and ignition turn off and completely reset itself.

I checked the turn signal relay - The bike is 2010 model and has a 2016 blinker relay fitted so it has been changed before I got the bike.
I did a visual inspection of the wiring behind the dash - nothing obviously out of place or disconnected.
Fuses checked and there is current from the fuses to the blinker delay.

I have looked at the wiring diagram but cannot work out what could be the cause of this. I would really appreciate it if anyone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

Fizz
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:55 am

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:55 am linkquote
Double check the back of the starter solenoid for signs of that hidden fuse connection getting all bitter and twisted!
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:03 am

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:03 am linkquote
your ignation switch is gone i think that will give all sorts of problems
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2021 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0254s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0055s) ][ Debug on ][ 209 ][ Thing One ]