@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie

Addicted
@billrush avatar
UTC quote
The second Vespa will soon arrive. My garage will be tight for space. Two will fit side by side, inches apart. Is there a low sliding or rolling stand one could be put on, while up on the center stand? The garage floor is tiled. So hard and smooth and clean. I can actually slide my existing Vespa on the tile, but it takes a fair amount of effort. In a perfect world would be a rolling stand I put one Vespa on which would crank up for maintenance.

But I’ll happily settle for a moveable stand for parking.

Great problem to have!

Thanks.
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '77 Jawa 350TS, '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.

Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '77 Jawa 350TS, '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
I've seen tuntables for those who own bikes too heavy to manouver in tight spaces, like heavy tourers or Harleys. They are usually in the form or a turntable and therefore take up some serious floor space, however as Vespas are less than porky your could park the pair on it.

I have seen a small flat cart for moving bikes about though, I just can't think of where... try the Oxford catalogue.
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
BGM (Scooter Center) sells one. Maybe a reseller can get it for you stateside, if you don’t want to mess with overseas orders…

https://www.scooter-center.com/en/scooter-dolly-bgm-pro-vespa-gt-gt-l-gts-125-300-gtv-gts-125-300-super-3333491
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 61 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 01 ET2, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 61 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 01 ET2, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
I’ve got the vintage dolly from SC. I used Scooter-speed in CA to buy it for me.

Works really well, but I also choose not to use it regularly. Whatever scoot I need to jam in a corner for a while gets the dolly.
OP
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@billrush avatar
UTC quote
SaFiS wrote:
BGM (Scooter Center) sells one. Maybe a reseller can get it for you stateside, if you don’t want to mess with overseas orders…

https://www.scooter-center.com/en/scooter-dolly-bgm-pro-vespa-gt-gt-l-gts-125-300-gtv-gts-125-300-super-3333491
Thanks. That looks perfect. Found on EBay for $60 + $20 shipping.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@spirovision avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS super 300

Hooked
@spirovision avatar
GTS super 300
UTC quote
I have the same problem, moving the vespa around in restrained space.
I wanted something super durable where the wheels on the dolly would not fail. so I ordered the admore park n move (used but still expensive) . The guy I bought it from used it for his goldwing.

overkill? (ya think?)
it's arriving today so will take a photo once in place and I figure out how to use it.
OP
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@billrush avatar
UTC quote
Spirovision wrote:
I have the same problem, moving the vespa around in restrained space.
I wanted something super durable where the wheels on the dolly would not fail. so I ordered the admore park n move (used but still expensive) . The guy I bought it from used it for his goldwing.

overkill? (ya think?)
it's arriving today so will take a photo once in place and I figure out how to use it.
Wow that looks great. How expense? Yes, we need pictures!
@touchton avatar
UTC

Hooked
Yellow GTS

Hooked
@touchton avatar
Yellow GTS
UTC quote
Spirovision wrote:
overkill?
I had one of those and it worked well. I didn't use it for a Vespa. I had an old Triumph Bonneville that I used it for. It's a little squirrely to get the bike on it, but once it on there it worked great.
@spirovision avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS super 300

Hooked
@spirovision avatar
GTS super 300
UTC quote
Received it today. very happy. 210 including shipping to my door. Used but in great shape. !! pretty easy to put up with no sidestand will take a bit of practice placing the dolly. I would imagine easier than a goldwing.
Rolls around easily.
happy with my purchase.

@aiosi avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500

Hooked
@aiosi avatar
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500
UTC quote
Billrush wrote:
Is there a low sliding or rolling stand one could be put on, while up on the center stand?
I would bet one of these from Harbor Freight could be easily modified to do the job.
https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=wheel%20dolly
OP
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@billrush avatar
UTC quote
Spirovision wrote:
Received it today. very happy. 210 including shipping to my door. Used but in great shape. !! pretty easy to put up with no sidestand will take a bit of practice placing the dolly. I would imagine easier than a goldwing.
Rolls around easily.
happy with my purchase.

The Admore park and move looks really good. I’m attaching a screen shot to their website. At $219 it’s not cheap but it’s playing an important role.

Do the wheels need to be locked before you put the scooter on the center stand? I hope not because that might not be easy without a Side stand. Then, when you want to take the scooter off the center stand, the wheels need to be locked? That’s would not seem a problem.

Can you say more about getting you bike on and off? Thanks.
@spirovision avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS super 300

Hooked
@spirovision avatar
GTS super 300
UTC quote
pretty simple so.
No wheels should not be locked
Take the scooter off centerstand hold up the scooter slide dolly under the centerstand and engage (put it up on) centerstand on the dolly. (see video)
as the floor of the dolly is not far from the floor of the garage does not take too much work to put it up on the centerstand.

to take it off lock the wheels on the dolly and just push the scooter off the centerstand.

Pretty simple.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0241s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]