@maxi_rose avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 250

Hooked
@maxi_rose avatar
Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
I've got a 2007 MP3 250. When you turn your key to unlock the gas cap door lock, there's a metal clip held on by a screw that is used to lock the door down. My screw must've come off and I've lost that clip, so my gas door doesn't lock and is held in place by black duct tape now. Not particularly classy or safe.

Does anyone happen to have a spare clip or even a suggestion of what I could do instead? I don't like my temporary solution. I found a picture online showing the clip. It's not my picture so ignore the red dotted line they put. I just want to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/img]
@maksor avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie

Ossessionato
@maksor avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
UTC quote
in the pic everything look normal only the knob on the door isn't stock

if you did have a metal strip that was also a mod by someone
OP
@maxi_rose avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 250

Hooked
@maxi_rose avatar
Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
I’m looking for the blue-circled part exactly:
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
If that's the litte plastic bit the lock engages with you may have to replace the whole fuel cover.

You could try to jurryrig a solution but at the risk of getting it wrong and not being able to open the gas cover. Better to get the correct part than risk making it worse by no longer being able to put gas in and having to dig into the plastic even more.

Did some digging on Parts Piaggio for the 2007 Mp3 250 and I think it's the "Fuel Tank Cover".

Diagram of the coach work plastic.
https://www.parts-piaggio.com/piaggio-scooters/250-PIAGGIO-SCOOTER/MP3/2007/MP3/Frame--Plastic-parts--Coachwork/Central-cover--Footrests/815/2/133019062/1618

The part link. You must make certain of which MP3 you have before ordering the part. Lots of plastic parts look similar but are in fact not compatible. I learned that the hard way.

https://www.parts-piaggio.com/gilera-piaggio-vespa/assignment_spare_parts/620250000C
OP
@maxi_rose avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 250

Hooked
@maxi_rose avatar
Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
It’s not the plastic part. It’s the little metal clip that screws onto the gas door. Item #3 on the diagram, referred to as “square”.

Thanks for showing me how to order it, though!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
Glad to have been of help

Also, 10.76 Pound for a little metal clip!!! That had better be made of adamantium for that price. Good grief, but if its what must be paid then such is the cost of a Piaggio.

This parts website came recommended by sbaert and others have recommended easyparts.nl for some of the Euro spec components for the Mp3. I bought an LED compatible indicator relay and installed it in my US/NAFTA bike and its working great.

https://www.easyparts.nl/models/Piaggio-MP3-m2091
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0437s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0195s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]