OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
I have a 1963 Allstate, frame number starting with VA12T, which I need to get titled, and I have two questions:

First, If you have an Allstate titled or registered in Washington or Vermont, what does the make, model and body style on your title say?

Second: Vermont and WA use NADA for valuation, and Vermont requires a printout of the NADA valuation page when submitting for a title, but NADA doesn't have Allstate, and doesn't list Vespa or Piaggio that far back. Any idea what to do there?
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4187
Location: Florence, OR
 
Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4187
Location: Florence, OR
UTC quote
Hey NoExit, I can reply on this one.

I'm in Oregon,

I've got a 1962 Allstate - VA12Txxxxx also.

Make: SOLO
Style: MC
Model: (blank)

I had to jump some hoops to get the VIN moved from the engine to the frame number, but it wasn't too bad. I just called the DMV and they walked me through the proper paperwork needed, and what to tell the inspector at the DMV, cause they weren't used to doing this.

Hope this helps!
Waiting to do a grocery run...
Waiting to do a grocery run...
@67gt125 avatar
UTC

Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: UTC
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
 
Addicted
@67gt125 avatar
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
Joined: UTC
Posts: 720
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
You're best off doing the VT plate as described here:
How to Guide- Apply for a Vermont plate

Without a title to transfer, WA makes you do a 3-year paper plate. Which gets really tricky if you wanted to sell, or transfer. If you present a VT registration, it makes that a tad easier. But, you may need to shop private license shops to find the right person. Some a pretty easy, others don't want to execute a title if they are not 100% sure on the process. West Seattle license was the go to place for a bit but, has since closed.
@mod_eric_the_skin avatar
UTC

Hooked
'59 VBA, '05 Stella 177, '80 P125X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 281
Location: Athens GA
 
Hooked
@mod_eric_the_skin avatar
'59 VBA, '05 Stella 177, '80 P125X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 281
Location: Athens GA
UTC quote
Also, any value of over $500 is ok with Vermont. They may kick back any lower purchase price. As stated, see the Vermont thread and follow instructions. Easy.
@mod_eric_the_skin avatar
UTC

Hooked
'59 VBA, '05 Stella 177, '80 P125X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 281
Location: Athens GA
 
Hooked
@mod_eric_the_skin avatar
'59 VBA, '05 Stella 177, '80 P125X
Joined: UTC
Posts: 281
Location: Athens GA
UTC quote
Mod Eric The Skin wrote:
Also, any value of over $500 is ok with Vermont. They may kick back any lower purchase price. As stated, see the Vermont thread and follow instructions. Easy.
They did not require NADA printout.
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
qascooter wrote:
Hey NoExit, I can reply on this one.

I'm in Oregon,

I've got a 1962 Allstate - VA12Txxxxx also.

Make: SOLO
Style: MC
Model: (blank)

Where did they get SOLO?
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
67GT125 wrote:
You're best off doing the VT plate as described here:
How to Guide- Apply for a Vermont plate

Without a title to transfer, WA makes you do a 3-year paper plate. Which gets really tricky if you wanted to sell, or transfer. If you present a VT registration, it makes that a tad easier. But, you may need to shop private license shops to find the right person. Some a pretty easy, others don't want to execute a title if they are not 100% sure on the process. West Seattle license was the go to place for a bit but, has since closed.
I don't think it will go anywhere in the next 3 years. It hasn't in the last 3... I use Fife Title, and they're usually really good about this sort of stuff. Vermont just seems easier since I don't have to leave my house until I want to transfer it to WA.
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4187
Location: Florence, OR
 
Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4187
Location: Florence, OR
UTC quote
noexit wrote:
Where did they get SOLO?
No clue, but that's what is on the title....
@geeklion avatar
UTC

The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1643
Location: PNW from LBC
 
The Dude
@geeklion avatar
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1643
Location: PNW from LBC
UTC quote
Another option for getting a title when no paperwork is present, contact Joe Casola / Saints Cycle Works. They can provide a legal title using using just your VIN #, and notorized paperwork. It is more costly than going the Vermont route, but you also get a proper title; not just a registration paper. The title provided can be easily transferred to any 50 states. I have used his service and found it easy and worth the additional cost IMHO.
@fng avatar
UTC

Hooked
1960 Allstate VNA, 1962 VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 259
Location: Cambria, CA
 
Hooked
@fng avatar
1960 Allstate VNA, 1962 VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 259
Location: Cambria, CA
UTC quote
GeekLion wrote:
Another option for getting a title when no paperwork is present, contact Joe Casola / Saints Cycle Works. They can provide a legal title using using just your VIN #, and notorized paperwork. It is more costly than going the Vermont route, but you also get a proper title; not just a registration paper. The title provided can be easily transferred to any 50 states. I have used his service and found it easy and worth the additional cost IMHO.
I also had success using Saints Cycle Works. Getting a real title from TN made it very easy to title and register in CA.
UTC

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
UTC quote
GeekLion wrote:
Another option for getting a title when no paperwork is present, contact Joe Casola / Saints Cycle Works. They can provide a legal title using using just your VIN #, and notorized paperwork. It is more costly than going the Vermont route, but you also get a proper title; not just a registration paper. The title provided can be easily transferred to any 50 states. I have used his service and found it easy and worth the additional cost IMHO.
This is the route I'm going as well. Just printed out the Bill of Sale form and having it notarized tomorrow.
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
GeekLion wrote:
Another option for getting a title when no paperwork is present, contact Joe Casola / Saints Cycle Works. They can provide a legal title using using just your VIN #, and notarized paperwork. It is more costly than going the Vermont route, but you also get a proper title; not just a registration paper. The title provided can be easily transferred to any 50 states. I have used his service and found it easy and worth the additional cost IMHO.
I've never heard of anyone having trouble getting a proper title with a Vermont registration in Washington. I just wanted to know what to write on my application. Maybe it doesn't matter too much. I think I'll just submit it as an Allstate Super Cruisaire.
@mor avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
1974 v90, 1959 Allstate, 1979 p200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 89
Location: Eugene, OR
 
Enthusiast
@mor avatar
1974 v90, 1959 Allstate, 1979 p200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 89
Location: Eugene, OR
UTC quote
wanted to bump this thread.

I am also looking into registering an Allstate for the first time (Washington 3 year registration process).

Any other allstate owners out there willing to share the make and model on their title? Make: Vespa, Model: Allstate seems the most logical to me
@geeklion avatar
UTC

The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1643
Location: PNW from LBC
 
The Dude
@geeklion avatar
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1643
Location: PNW from LBC
UTC quote
mor_ wrote:
wanted to bump this thread.

I am also looking into registering an Allstate for the first time (Washington 3 year registration process).

Any other allstate owners out there willing to share the make and model on their title? Make: Vespa, Model: Allstate seems the most logical to me
Keep it simple. Vespa - Allstate. nufsaid
@gickspeed avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2014
Location: Racing Capital of the World
 
Ossessionato
@gickspeed avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2014
Location: Racing Capital of the World
UTC quote
noexit wrote:
I have a 1963 Allstate, frame number starting with VA12T, which I need to get titled, and I have two questions:

First, If you have an Allstate titled or registered in Washington or Vermont, what does the make, model and body style on your title say?

Second: Vermont and WA use NADA for valuation, and Vermont requires a printout of the NADA valuation page when submitting for a title, but NADA doesn't have Allstate, and doesn't list Vespa or Piaggio that far back. Any idea what to do there?
Absolutely no where on the bikes does it say “vespa.” It is a Sears Allstate. Most of my titles comes up as Sears, Unknown. Any legal issues at all the VIN is correct and the tag does say “Sears.”

Btw, if you are close to Indiana I do clean & clear Indiana titles for $100.00. I do have to have the chassis here for VIN inspection. Might be something if you are close or looking to get a magnitude of work done too.
UTC

Addicted
2010 gts 300 super. 09 MP3 500 lite
Joined: UTC
Posts: 971
Location: tampa
 
Addicted
2010 gts 300 super. 09 MP3 500 lite
Joined: UTC
Posts: 971
Location: tampa
UTC quote
how much is the saints cyle service? and does that come with tn tag good for a year? and can they doo a 2007 500cc bike?
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7092
Location: So Cal
 
bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7092
Location: So Cal
UTC quote
Give em a call. (614) 886-9544
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator
VNB VSC 09C VMA VSX - vbc vmb
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8009
Location: Hustletown, TX
 
Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
VNB VSC 09C VMA VSX - vbc vmb
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8009
Location: Hustletown, TX
UTC quote
jerryd wrote:
how much is the saints cyle service? and does that come with tn tag good for a year? and can they doo a 2007 500cc bike?
Saints is 3 bills or so.
UTC

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
UTC quote
I sent out the paperwork to Vermont last week.
Couldn't find a notary to notarize the BOS from Saints without Joe being present when the notary notarizes the signatures, which makes sense. The notary can't verify a signature that's put on AFTER it's notarized after all.

So I went the Vermont route instead. $50 total. I think I put the make as Allstate and the model def was Super Cruisaire
@geeklion avatar
UTC

The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1643
Location: PNW from LBC
 
The Dude
@geeklion avatar
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1643
Location: PNW from LBC
UTC quote
GickSpeed wrote:
Absolutely no where on the bikes does it say “vespa.” It is a Sears Allstate. Most of my titles comes up as Sears, Unknown. Any legal issues at all the VIN is correct and the tag does say “Sears.”
This is a very good point Johnathan. I stand corrected It is a Sears Allstate, not a Vespa Allstate.
@mor avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
1974 v90, 1959 Allstate, 1979 p200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 89
Location: Eugene, OR
 
Enthusiast
@mor avatar
1974 v90, 1959 Allstate, 1979 p200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 89
Location: Eugene, OR
UTC quote
thanks for the replies everyone. would never thought to put sears as the make!
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
Lots of helpful responses. I have access to a notary, but that is a couple bills. For the Allstate, Vermont will be the cheapest and not too much hassle. My biggest hassle right now is the my *@&ing printer died.
UTC

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
UTC quote
Got what I was hoping was the tag yesterday, turned out to be my paperwork returned...





I friggin forgot to sign them.
SIGN THE BOTTOM OF THE REGISTRATION PAGE EVERYONE!

whoops. Good news is it only took 3 days to deliver so I should be legal next week or so.
@qascooter avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4187
Location: Florence, OR
 
Ossessionato
@qascooter avatar
79 P200E (Ruby), 62 Allstate (B-62)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4187
Location: Florence, OR
UTC quote
FridayMatinee wrote:
I friggin forgot to sign them...
Heh heh - I wrote the check out the first time five dollars short. All paperwork returned and please send the correct amount. Nine days later, I had my new plate.

You'll get it this time.
@scooterist avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1528
Location: Tucson, AZ
 
Molto Verboso
@scooterist avatar
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1528
Location: Tucson, AZ
UTC quote
I purchased my 71 sprint Veloce in Arizona and it had Vermont green license plate and also a Vermont sticker. I think that something like they don't issue a title if the bike is under 300cc.
UTC

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
UTC quote
Looky what I found in the mail today
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
I mailed mine off yesterday. It seems like they are quicker than WA state.
UTC

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1805
Location: Philadelphia
UTC quote
Yeah it was 2weeks from the day I resent the paperwork to the day I got the plate. Not too bad honestly.
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
They cashed my check! It's on the way!
@gmontag avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 488
 
Hooked
@gmontag avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 488
UTC quote
noexit wrote:
They cashed my check! It's on the way!
You can exchange it for a Washington title. You just need a statement of value from a motorcycle shop if your model isn't in the system. If they give you shit, just go to a different licensing office. Some are cool. Some are run by chuckleheads.
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
gmontag wrote:
You can exchange it for a Washington title. You just need a statement of value from a motorcycle shop if your model isn't in the system. If they give you shit, just go to a different licensing office. Some are cool. Some are run by chuckleheads.
No question there. That's why I'm doing this. I just wanted to make sure my paperwork was in order before I sent it off.
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
Got my plate!

Interesting notes in the copy of the application that they returned wit the plate. Over Allstate, they wrote Vesp, and over Super Cruisaire, they wrote CVL. I suppose I'll get the official paperwork in the mail in a couple more weeks?[/img]
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@whereshaldo avatar
UTC

Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
Joined: UTC
Posts: 415
Location: Seattle
 
Hooked
@whereshaldo avatar
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
Joined: UTC
Posts: 415
Location: Seattle
UTC quote
Ballard Title is very friendly.

If you don't have a title you have to jump through a few hoops. Mostly you need a bill of sale. I won't tell you that the background check into the veracity of the bill of sale is not deep or exhaustive.

h
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
whereshaldo wrote:
Ballard Title is very friendly.

If you don't have a title you have to jump through a few hoops. Mostly you need a bill of sale. I won't tell you that the background check into the veracity of the bill of sale is not deep or exhaustive.

h
It's in my name now, so I'm not "buying" it from anyone.
OP
@noexit avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
Hooked
@noexit avatar
'62 Allstate, '62 Vespa VNB
Joined: UTC
Posts: 102
Location: Tacoma, WA
UTC quote
I got the paperwork today. The registration says VESP, not Allstate.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0351s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0146s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]