@macgerk77 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Wrecked '61 VNB '65 Allstate '74 Rally 200

Molto Verboso
@macgerk77 avatar
Wrecked '61 VNB '65 Allstate '74 Rally 200
UTC quote
Sorry about the bike and your knee. Blood in, blood out, vato. At least you'll have a cool scar, and your frame's not damaged. Looks like it hurt like 3 bitches on a bitch boat, though.

They ain't kidding about the gloves. Bought my first pair of leather gloves on the way to a rally bc my hands were cold. Next day, laid my bike down; gloves were SHREDDED. Hands were fine. Always wear gloves.
OP
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

68 Days Since Last Explosion

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
We were out to dinner for our anniversary last night and she gave me a minor earful about how I needed to find a new hobby. I sent her a link to a story about a guy who built his own submarine during the pandemic a couple days ago, and apparently that's not a better option.

So I guess I'll stick with scooters.
OP
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
macgerk77 wrote:
Sorry about the bike and your knee. Blood in, blood out, vato. At least you'll have a cool scar, and your frame's not damaged. Looks like it hurt like 3 bitches on a bitch boat, though.

They ain't kidding about the gloves. Bought my first pair of leather gloves on the way to a rally bc my hands were cold. Next day, laid my bike down; gloves were SHREDDED. Hands were fine. Always wear gloves.
Thanks, dude! I'm telling myself that once I repair the dents on the left side of the legshield, they'll balance out the equally bad body work I did on the right side of the legshield.

And if you saw the picture I posted of my jacket's elbow and shoulder, you can see the damage there. The leather gloves still look almost new. Like you, I'd just gotten them, although mine were a couple weeks instead of a couple days before, but they definitely saved me a whole lot of pain.

I'm now to the point where I can walk normally and bend my knee enough to put on my socks and shoes without it hurting. Still aches some and is still a fair ways from being closed up enough to not keep it bandaged. The accident was three weeks ago tomorrow, for those playing along in the home game.

Doctors' bills thus far are about $500, and that's with "good" insurance for a deep wound, but no structural injuries.
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
chandlerman wrote:
We were out to dinner for our anniversary last night and she gave me a minor earful about how I needed to find a new hobby. I sent her a link to a story about a guy who built his own submarine during the pandemic a couple days ago, and apparently that's not a better option.

So I guess I'll stick with scooters.
Laughing emoticon well played my friend
@christopher_55934 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
@christopher_55934 avatar
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
chandlerman wrote:
Yup. And now I'll be painting it again.
I can say it now, fix the area around the top lip of the leg shield where it curves. Not so much the lip itself, I can understand that being hard to fix. The lumps of what looks like body filler or something.
OP
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar

UTC quote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
I can say it now, fix the area around the top lip of the leg shield where it curves. Not so much the lip itself, I can understand that being hard to fix. The lumps of what looks like body filler or something.
LOL!

Yeah, that was a spot where I didn't get the filler sanded down quite right, but didn't see it until after I'd already started painting, so I just went with it. It'll get fixed this time around, though.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0171s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0074s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]