OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio MP3 250

Lurker
Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
Hello everyone, my 2009 250 has developed a starting issue. This has occurred after it's been running for a short period of time and the engine has warmed up when the outside temperature is over 30 celsius. No issues with overheating (stays within normal range). If I turn off the scooter, I am unable to get it to re-start. It will turn over, so not a battery issue. I don't know if this is a sparking issue as of yet. Just looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I can run the scooter for a long period, just can't shut it off unless I can let it sit and cool before re-starting.

Thanks for your help!

Byron
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Check you can hear the fuel pump 'whirr' when you first switch on. I bet you can't - in which case check your VIN with a dealer to see if you can get a warranty fuel pump under the recall. http://www.arfc.org/motorcycles/piaggio/vespa_gts_250/recalls.aspx
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0098s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0043s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]