@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
Sump gaskets are very cheap. Drain oil, remove sump, remove debris, replace sump.
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
MJRally wrote:
Any news on a game plan? Remove the sump? Drain the oil? Take it to your dealer?
They’re gonna check the oil level, and check the sump and filter for the dipstick fragment! It’s going to cost an assload of money potentially and it sucks, don’t wanna void the warranty and they gotta look at it anyways if that lights coming on
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
UTC quote
Maybe order an aftermarket metal dipstick while you wait?
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
Topolino wrote:
Maybe order an aftermarket metal dipstick while you wait?
They got those? How about one with a shorter top handle lol
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
Topolino wrote:
Maybe order an aftermarket metal dipstick while you wait?
Better still, get the sightglass sump.
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Better still, get the sightglass sump.
I agree but Won’t that void the warranty though? Unless I re-attach the original one if something goes wrong with the engine
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
professorcatfacemeowmers wrote:
I agree but Won’t that void the warranty though? Unless I re-attach the original one if something goes wrong with the engine
Why should it? They'd have to have a case that the sightglass somehow fucked-up your bike. I doubt they could manage that!

Don't make the warranty into a magic thing That Must Be Obeyed. In the US at least, you can do your own services without voiding warranty, regardless of what Piaggio's paperwork tries to assert.

Plus, your dealer would have to snitch on you. That wouldn't be good for his business, now would it...
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14966
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: UTC
Posts: 14966
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
UTC quote
exactly.

besides running a bike wayyyy too many miles and not doing oil changes, or doing an oil change yourself and forgetting to put oil in it or totally forking up a valve adjustment or trans service? there's very little in the warranty that can be voided.

and most all of that can be covered by "dealer good will"

don't sweat putting on that aftermarket oil pan, just use a fresh gasket and torque it up properly, plop a new filter on there, check the screen, snug everybody up and you'll be good my dude.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
 
Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10590
Location: KS USA
UTC quote
Am I the only one seeing this? Doesn't that look like gearbox oil dipstick?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
exactly.

besides running a bike wayyyy too many miles and not doing oil changes, or doing an oil change yourself and forgetting to put oil in it or totally forking up a valve adjustment or trans service? there's very little in the warranty that can be voided.

and most all of that can be covered by "dealer good will"

don't sweat putting on that aftermarket oil pan, just use a fresh gasket and torque it up properly, plop a new filter on there, check the screen, snug everybody up and you'll be good my dude.
So what you’re saying is if the bike was low on oil(1000 miles from the last oil change) and it damaged the engine basically, that if the problems showed up in the next 2-4 years I’m good?!
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7589
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7589
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
professorcatfacemeowmers wrote:
So what you’re saying is if the bike was low on oil(1000 miles from the last oil change) and it damaged the engine basically, that if the problems showed up in the next 2-4 years I’m good?!
If you are asking permission to not check your oil as often as you know you should, the answer is "no".
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
Am I the only one seeing this? Doesn't that look like gearbox oil dipstick?
And it appears intact. The plot thickens.
I wondered why the professor wants a shorter dipstick cap.
@scooterraton avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2 - Many
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3165
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
 
Ossessionato
@scooterraton avatar
2 - Many
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3165
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
exactly.

don't sweat putting on that aftermarket oil pan, just use a fresh gasket and torque it up properly, plop a new filter on there, check the screen, snug everybody up and you'll be good my dude.
I would suggest saving the parts receipts until you're out of warranty as backup.
@wheelz avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 GTS 300 super, 2009 Genuine rattler 110
Joined: UTC
Posts: 345
Location: Chi-City Ill-noise
 
Hooked
@wheelz avatar
2010 GTS 300 super, 2009 Genuine rattler 110
Joined: UTC
Posts: 345
Location: Chi-City Ill-noise
UTC quote
Topolino wrote:
And it appears intact. The plot thickens.
I wondered why the professor wants a shorter dipstick cap.
Eagerly awaiting further info on this development 🍿 Wha? emoticon
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
Topolino wrote:
And it appears intact. The plot thickens.
I wondered why the professor wants a shorter dipstick cap.
No that’s definitely the normal one, and it definitely got shorter when i tried to put it back in, it lost the hatches
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
If you are asking permission to not check your oil as often as you know you should, the answer is "no".
You’re thinking if the answer to the question “should my bike normally burn through all of its oil 1000 miles after an oil change”
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
UTC quote
Pardon my confusion, but are you saying the engine dipstick broke, not the hub gear dipstick in your picture?
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7589
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7589
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
UTC quote
Topolino wrote:
Pardon my confusion, but are you saying the engine dipstick broke, not the hub gear dipstick in your picture?
Engine oil dipstick design has changed, apparently.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
UTC quote
That may be why the oil light goes on. Just a hunch.
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2380
Location: St. Pete, Fla
 
Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2380
Location: St. Pete, Fla
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Engine oil dipstick design has changed, apparently.
That is the parts for the new 300 HPE. The dipstick grip is longer so you can easily burn your arm as you reach through the exhaust to check it since the Italian engineers decided to move it from the left side of the motor to right side of the motor and hid it behind the exhaust.
@2wheelsdan avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 supertech
Joined: UTC
Posts: 101
Location: York, Pa
 
Hooked
@2wheelsdan avatar
GTS300 supertech
Joined: UTC
Posts: 101
Location: York, Pa
UTC quote
That's the oil dipstick for the HPE motors. I agree that the location of the dipstick sucks, but you're supposed to be checking oil level when the engine is cold anyway.
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
UTC quote
lostboater wrote:
That is the parts for the new 300 HPE. The dipstick grip is longer so you can easily burn your arm as you reach through the exhaust to check it since the Italian engineers decided to move it from the left side of the motor to right side of the motor and hid it behind the exhaust.
Mea culpa!
(I am full of it)

Will sit in the corner now.
@feb31st avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250, Sprint 150 & HPE Tech
Joined: UTC
Posts: 633
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
 
Addicted
@feb31st avatar
GTS 250, Sprint 150 & HPE Tech
Joined: UTC
Posts: 633
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
UTC quote
I am pretty sure brookdain broke his stick in Bar Harbor and completed the 2021 Cannonball without any issues. He was using a straw that he calibrated off another dip stick as a method of checking his oil.
UTC

Enthusiast
Joined: UTC
Posts: 58
Location: Atlanta
 
Enthusiast
Joined: UTC
Posts: 58
Location: Atlanta
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Plus, your dealer would have to snitch on you. That wouldn't be good for his business, now would it...
I just bought my wife a GTS and the dealer suggested the oil pan w/ sight glass as a worthy upgrade. Ordered one today so we’ll be ready to install at the 600 mile service.
⬆️    About 3 months elapsed    ⬇️
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10364
Location: Hermit Kingdom
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
Joined: UTC
Posts: 10364
Location: Hermit Kingdom
UTC quote
Hello.
Hello?

Is this thing on?

Hello?
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Why should it? They'd have to have a case that the sightglass somehow fucked-up your bike. I doubt they could manage that!

Don't make the warranty into a magic thing That Must Be Obeyed. In the US at least, you can do your own services without voiding warranty, regardless of what Piaggio's paperwork tries to assert.

Plus, your dealer would have to snitch on you. That wouldn't be good for his business, now would it...
Sometimes the factory will send out a regional service representative if a dealership has a problem they can't troubleshoot or a strange, premature failure.
And here in the US, warranty work is a money losing proposition for dealers. And technicians hate it. So the odds are that if your engine seized a few months after you got the bike, and you had an aftermarket oil pan installed, they would likely be able to disallow a warranty claim. If it's a new bike, everyone involved in fixing it would rather you paid for it than the manufacturer. Dealers can get a lot done on a goodwill basis, but if they fail to disclose to the manufacturer that you, or they, did something like remove the oil pan and replace it with something you bought on the internet, the factory can be a dick when it comes to future warranty claims. Who does the service department, which is separate from sales, want to keep happy, the company that approves and pays warranty claims, or a customer who put non-OEM engine parts on a brand new bike and then tried to get it fixed for free? You might buy a new Vespa from them every few years, but the factory has to approve every single warranty claim on every single new unit they will ever sell.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43936
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
However, they'd have to *prove* the new oil-pan was the cause of the problem, surely. Or maybe that's merely a UK/EU thing...
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
Topolino wrote:
And it appears intact. The plot thickens.
I wondered why the professor wants a shorter dipstick cap.
So... he can put more oil and always having it level, brings the mountain to Mohammed.
UTC

Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
 
Addicted
Joined: UTC
Posts: 543
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
So... he can put more oil and always having it level, brings the mountain to Mohammed.
I think Piaggio should help him out. That oil is going somewhere.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8291
Location: Latina (Italy)
UTC quote
Topolino wrote:
I think Piaggio should help him out. That oil is going somewhere.
... Star Trek stuff ...
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
However, they'd have to *prove* the new oil-pan was the cause of the problem, surely. Or maybe that's merely a UK/EU thing...
Pretty sure that replacing the part Piaggio designed and built to hold oil with something they did not design, build or approve would void the warranty just about anywhere. Otherwise, manufacturers would have to prove the nitrous you installed was what caused the crank bearings to fail, the power commander you installed incorrectly is what burned holes in the pistons, the pod air filter is why there are chunks of spark plug on your valves, etc. What a lot of people don't realize until it's too late is that just because a dealer recommends, sells and installs something doesn't mean it won't void your warranty. And they aren't going to lie for you to the manufacturer, despite what the guy at the accessories counter will tell people to get them to buy something. I saw this a lot with sport bikes, where dealers would sell and install all sorts of things that made bikes go faster, perform better, make more noise, etc, on brand new sport bikes. And they do, until something breaks. Then you pay to fix it if you want your brand new bike to run again. Most work orders have a clause that states that adding aftermarket parts might void the warranty, but they are like user agreements, nobody reads them. Dealers often bet that you won't ride the bike enough miles during the warranty period for it to fail.
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Pretty sure that replacing the part Piaggio designed and built to hold oil with something they did not design, build or approve would void the warranty just about anywhere. Otherwise, manufacturers would have to prove the nitrous you installed was what caused the crank bearings to fail, the power commander you installed incorrectly is what burned holes in the pistons, the pod air filter is why there are chunks of spark plug on your valves, etc. What a lot of people don't realize until it's too late is that just because a dealer recommends, sells and installs something doesn't mean it won't void your warranty. And they aren't going to lie for you to the manufacturer, despite what the guy at the accessories counter will tell people to get them to buy something. I saw this a lot with sport bikes, where dealers would sell and install all sorts of things that made bikes go faster, perform better, make more noise, etc, on brand new sport bikes. And they do, until something breaks. Then you pay to fix it if you want your brand new bike to run again. Most work orders have a clause that states that adding aftermarket parts might void the warranty, but they are like user agreements, nobody reads them. Dealers often bet that you won't ride the bike enough miles during the warranty period for it to fail.
From the same company with ethics like "these things are consuming their entire oil capacity before their first service: better put check the oil every day in the manual"
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
Page 52 of the UK HPE Owner's manual:

Engine oil level check (03_01, 03_02)
Every time the vehicle is used, visually inspect the level of the engine oil when the
engine is cold (after completely unscrewing the oil cap/dipstick). The oil level should
be somewhere between the MAX and MIN index marks on the level rod; «
A»; while
the oil is being checked, the vehicle must be resting on its centre stand on an even,
horizontal surface
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Page 52 of the UK HPE Owner's manual:

Engine oil level check (03_01, 03_02)
Every time the vehicle is used, visually inspect the level of the engine oil when the
engine is cold (after completely unscrewing the oil cap/dipstick). The oil level should
be somewhere between the MAX and MIN index marks on the level rod; «
A»; while
the oil is being checked, the vehicle must be resting on its centre stand on an even,
horizontal surface
LOL if it's in the manual it's ethical!


Ford manual: Ford pinto owners are advised not to be rear ended


There's a reason that robot made a warranty explanation video this year, advised everyone to maybe highly consider getting a sight oil check, and then explained how to fight a voided warranty through legal means in the same warranty video. And advised people on lemon laws. Yo all the signs are there. Maybe they made the worst engine they've ever made. That's also a possibility.

People are saying these ones aren't as good and people like you are getting mad. Which is a real shame cause this forum helped get the rear brake melting gasket recalled officially. Maybe parts website guy has a vested interest in pretending nothing is wrong with the bikes
⚠️ Last edited by professorcatfacemeowmers on UTC; edited 1 time
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
No, if it's in the manual and you didn't do it, and the engine fails, they are going to say this is why it failed, and that it's your fault.
A small claims judge or arbitrator might say this is unreasonable, but that there is somewhere between checking the oil every time you ride it and waiting until the idiot light comes on that is reasonable.
Motor vehicle manufacturers are very good at CYA, and they have attorneys who are very good at shifting the blame when things go wrong. Where you are most likely to have success in getting these engines replaced under warranty is if emissions exceed what they are supposed to because of excess wear.
⚠️ Last edited by Motovista on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
No, if it's in the manual and you didn't do it, and the engine fails, they are going to say this is why it failed, and that it's your fault.
A small claims judge or arbitrator might say this is unreasonable, but that there is somewhere between checking the oil every time you ride it and waiting until the idiot light comes on that is reasonable.
Not if it is a granturismo bike designed to drive more than 300 miles at a time and the name includes that implication in it. And if said long tours are physically impossible to do with that level of consumption

Strong enough litigation can sink this entire thing. That's why you are circling the wagons around it


Something with a name that implies long journeys should be able to make said long journeys without shedding more than half of its oil capacity or risking destroying its own engine.

It's in the manual isn't going to hold up if this is a common enough problem, especially if people start recognizing it as being as big of an issue as the melted brake lines way back when

Imagine if everyone said "oh just check your gasket"

Piaggo tried that shit and it didn't work, they had to replace the manifold

If the previous models could reasonable be driven more than 700 miles with no noticeable loss of oil, then something has gone critically wrong with either the design or the bike I got which by all means may be losing .33ml per mile
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
Safety issues are treated differently than mechanical ones. They didn't recall Chevy Vegas or Corvairs because the engines were crap. The government really doesn't care how long these engines last. But if enough of them explode and take out buildings, there will be a recall.
⚠️ Last edited by Motovista on UTC; edited 2 times
OP
UTC

Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
 
Hooked
vespa gts250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 246
Location: chicago
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Safety issues are treated differently than mechanical ones. They didn't recall Chevy Vegas or Corvairs because the engines were crap. The government really doesn't care how long these engines last. But if they explode and take out buildings, there will be a recall.
Lemons are lemons, and if the state I was in had their lemon laws apply to motorcycles I would have this bike replaced as being a lemon, it's spent enough days in the shop to constitute a lemon. Hence why robot elaborated on that as an option. It is no good something is losing its entire oil capacity before the first service.

It's also incredibly unsafe to have your engine blow at 60-80 mph on a highway speed bike that again is designed for long highway tours.

Honest to god, I see any 2018 with any miles on it in a dealership, I'm trading it
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
Nobody at Piaggio will tell you these bikes are designed to be long range 80 mph tourers, any more than the Hyundai Sonata is designed to compose classical music. It's a name. Piaggio governs them down so they won't exceed a speed at which Piaggio believes they will last, at least through the warranty period, if you check the oil every time you ride it.
So much of the ownership and dealership experience comes back to being the person who's bike they want to work on, not the one they will do anything they can to avoid. If you have a dealership telling you to take the bike somewhere else, especially now that the season is about over and they are looking for work, think about what you can do to change that and make them want to help you.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0344s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0149s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]