@calvin avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 GTS 250ie Super, 2006 LX 50 (sold)

Hooked
@calvin avatar
UTC quote
Thanks all for the recent advice regarding the turn signal switch on my GTS. Well, contact cleaner didn’t do the trick exactly, so I ordered and just received a new switch and new bulbs.

Do I need to remove the whole headset assembly (I suspect yes) or is there an easier way? Figured I’d ask before a big disassembly project. Appreciate it.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
yeah man. you gotta break the whole thing apart. if you're nimble and patient you can get at it without pulling the rear of the headset off, but it's much easier to do so. and it's only four screws from there.

job is a pain, I know, I have to do a kill switch tomorrow. *sighs*

pro tip: magnetic screwdriver or bit on your drill. drop a rag underneath the headset to catch anything that gets away from you.

good luck!
OP
@calvin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@calvin avatar
UTC quote
Thanks Mr. Greasy for your advice. Might as well go get started.
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento

Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
UTC quote
Another tip, be gentle on the plastic tabs that hold the front part of the headset in place. They become brittle with age and can easily break off.
OP
@calvin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@calvin avatar
UTC quote
I really enjoy being able to ask for help and getting advice right away. I got the headset apart and reassembled without issue. There was one problem that was mentioned by touring300 regarding brittle plastic. The two plastic screw brackets/holes that the switch mates up to literally were crumbling. I had to improvise with a piece of plastic and some strong JB Weld to fashion a bracket. Hopefully it will hold. Seems solid at the moment. Anyway, I appreciate the input.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0077s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0020s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]