@whereshaldo avatar
UTC

Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70

Hooked
@whereshaldo avatar
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
UTC quote
I just changed out my rear wheel after a flat and used nordlocks on the rim studs and the wheel mounting studs. I just noticed that 3 of the 5 washers and nuts had completely fallen off and so the wheel was slopping around on the studs. Everything is back together and tight but this seems very odd. Is it possible I didn't have the wheel fully seated on the rear hub or did I just completely space out and not even tighten them up? Anyone else have an issue with nordlocks?

Scary but I'm happy that it was that and not a broken cruciform causing the clunking noises.

Hal
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
Nordlock washers do wear out over time. To make them last longer, put a little anti-seize between the two washers.
@gravelrash2004 avatar
UTC

Addicted
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi

Addicted
@gravelrash2004 avatar
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
UTC quote
as above.... and it never harms to threadlock your nuts on too
@pheasant_plucker avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
bare metal cafe racer

Molto Verboso
@pheasant_plucker avatar
bare metal cafe racer
UTC quote
Are you torquing them down enough? Like use a torque wrench? Have to be torqued enough to lock. 25Nm from memory. Which is pretty bloody tight. They should be initially hard to undo and then give.
@67gt125 avatar
UTC

Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin

Addicted
@67gt125 avatar
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
UTC quote
I've experienced this on a poor quality replacement hub. The studs stretched allowing the nuts to loosen.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0074s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0014s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]