@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
UTC quote
Trying to live a little less rough around the edges now that I have a better job. Treat my scoots right.

Never done this before - but I'm sick of the dented crappy rattle-can (my work) engine door on my scooter clashing with the otherwise factory (albeit aged) paint.

I got a new primed door (metal, primed black) ready to go - I have the Max Meyer paint code used in 1976 Laughing emoticon for it. Do you show up at an auto paint shop, hand them that number and the part and ask "when it can be done by", or...

Thanks for any guidance.
UTC

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300
UTC quote
You can do that but don't expect the paint to match the rest of the scooter. They can scan the paint thats on the scooter and get a list of the tints that make up the color but because of the age of the paint it won't match.
OP
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
UTC quote
flyangler wrote:
You can do that but don't expect the paint to match the rest of the scooter. They can scan the paint thats on the scooter and get a list of the tints that make up the color but because of the age of the paint it won't match.
Yeah I was thinking that some kind of scan would do better for that reason. It won't match - I totally understand. I think if it's close it will be ok. Or alternatively I could do a deliberately offset color - the annoying part is there's no matching door on the other side to do that too, so it would be a bit lopsided if I went that route
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
It’ll be close but eventually you’ll accept it or just repaint the whole scoot Razz emoticon

After getting my ET3 painted it bugged me things didn’t match texture was rough vs smooth, oxidized vs glossy, looked different in different lighting but I eventually gave up and moved on. Scoot still has it where it counts and that’s good enough for me!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0085s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]