OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio Vespa ET4 125 (2003)

Lurker
Piaggio Vespa ET4 125 (2003)
UTC quote
Hello.

I am looking at a replacement carb for the ET4 125 (leader) that the website claims is ‘near identical to the Mikuni BS24’ and states that it is an adequate replacement for Leader ET4s which is what I have.

You can see the item here:
https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/carburettor-naraku-24mm_NK200060?cr=3a6304bb-cc81-4ed5-9f63-1ff45fe1abfa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6_CDkYub8gIVDO7mCh1v5wHlEAQYBSABEgIUvfD_BwE

If you have looked at the carb you’ll notice the mount for the throttle cable is much further away compared to the cable mount on the original leader Walbro carb. The bracket to put the throttle cable through is right next to the throttle on the Walbro carb but the replacement carb in the link above has a much bigger gap between the cable mount and the throttle. This worries me as I fear the throttle cable may not be long enough.

Has anybody used one of these carbs on an et4? Did the original throttle cable still reach or did it require modification?

All best,
Ben.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
The Naraku is basically a copy of the Keihin CVK. It has the same external dimensions as the 26mm used on most GY6 engines. You could easily find one to actually look at and see how it would fit just about anywhere Chinese scooters are repaired.
OTOH, You might be able to find the Mikuni via a KTM dealer or a copy on Aliexpress.
I think there's also a DellOrto 22mm flat slide carb that came on some of the early ET4s.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0079s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]