OP
UTC

Lurker
2018 Vespa Sei Giorni 300

Lurker
2018 Vespa Sei Giorni 300
UTC quote
My girlfriend has a 2018 Vespa Sei Giorni 300 with maybe 150 miles on it bought new. At some point the battery died battery replaced would not start. Sat ever since. I come into the picture and get Another new battery. Lights horn everything works press starter and it just clicks. Jump the scooter starts right up. Abs light flashes. Engine light does not automatically go off when key is turned. Goes off after attempt to start. Checked fuses. Battery appears to have charge. I do not understand why it would jump and run but not start with a new battery any suggestions?
UTC

Addicted
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3, Matchless G80S, Honda CBR400RR, Ducati ST4S

Addicted
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3, Matchless G80S, Honda CBR400RR, Ducati ST4S
UTC quote
Sticky starter solenoid and extra battery from the jump start is giving it more cranking amps and un-sticking it?
@mitleider avatar
UTC

Hooked
2024 GTV & 2024 GTS Supertech

Hooked
@mitleider avatar
2024 GTV & 2024 GTS Supertech
UTC quote
Sorry for your challenges. Urge you to install a motorcycle trickle charger and connect it whenever not in use; an effective preventative strategy to avoid the hassles you’re experiencing.I live in Chicago and our scooters start up immediately after a 7-month winter hibernation thanks to the trickle charger!
UTC

Addicted
2022 Honda PCX 150A, 2018 GTS300 [sold] & 2015 GTS300 Super [sold]

Addicted
2022 Honda PCX 150A, 2018 GTS300 [sold] & 2015 GTS300 Super [sold]
UTC quote
1. You might consider changing fluids (engine oil/filter, hub oil, coolant, maybe brake fluid) if you are going to ride this scooter once you get it running. If she bought it new back in 2018 or even 2019, the fluids are likely no longer doing their respective jobs, and the coolant is probably contaminated with rust.

2. Verify the new battery is indeed “good”, correctly sized, and properly installed. What size/brand battery are you using? When I needed a new battery (in a hurry) for my GTS, local options, including Cycle Gear, didn’t have an appropriate one in stock. And check the kill switch!

3. A new starter relay (likely what the other poster was referring to as the starter solenoid) will run you less than $20. Perhaps try that after the battery checks…
Coolant in my 2018 GTS after it sat for a few years… The original coolant color was not orange…
Coolant in my 2018 GTS after it sat for a few years… The original coolant color was not orange…
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0101s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0040s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]