OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa GTS300

Lurker
Vespa GTS300
UTC quote
Recently had my GTS totalled and picked up a Sprint 150.

Yesterday I started having an issue stalling when i hit large bumps in the road - no big deal i thought, had the issue with the GTS that turned out to be a loose battery connection. Checked the battery, that was fine, spark plug, fine as well.

Today when trying to find the culprit the bike starts just fine, will gas fine on the stand but when i put it down and try to accelerate it dies.

Then i realized it was dying every time i turned the steering wheel all the way to the right (even on the stand).

Any ideas? It's driving me insane! What The? emoticon
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Probably linked to the spark plug lead. The coil is attached to the frame, not the engine, so as the suspension moves (coming off the stand, or hitting a bump) the lead flexes.

The all the way to the right thing is puzzling though...
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
I'd open the bar covers to clean and reconnect all the switch-gear connectors, especially the leads to the cutoff switch. Gremlins thrive in bad connections.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0092s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0035s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]