Miguel wrote:
For me the definitely come out when I remove my helmet. When I pull my helmet off, I try to get them to fall into the helmet rather than on the ground but I'm not always successful. But it works ok. Usually my rides are nonstop start-to-finish so its not a problem. Even when I fill up, I usually leave my helmet on. I rarely but occasionally stop for some food or another errand. Taking them out and putting them back in is not cumbersome, time-consuming or a hassle. It's just one more step.

You didn't ask me how I put my helmet on without dislodging the AirPods Pros but I'll tell you anyway. It took me a little trial and error to figure it out. I have a Shoei Modular helmet so the chin bar flips up which relaxes the helmet sides a bit so you can spread the checks apart by pulling on the straps. I first install the AirPods Pros. Then I grab the helmet by the chinstraps, spread the cheeks and throw it on top of my head and pull it down gently. They rarely dislodge. Then fasten up the straps, pulldown the chin bar, raise up the face shield and put on my sunglasses. I do just the reverse to take the helmet off and catch the AirPods Pros as described above.

After about an hour or so of riding, one or both AirPods seem to slip out of my ears and then it's like I'm not wearing any ear protection at all. I usually find a safe place to pull over, unclasp the strap, pull the strap on the side that needs adjustment and slip my opposite hand up by my ear and try to reseat the AirPods Pros. And since I had to stop, de-glove, and release the helmet strap, I reseat the other side as well, the same way. Sometimes, I have to pull my helmet off and start over.

Not in my experience. I wear my AirPods Pros for watching news and other features. The volume seems about the same under all circumstances. I've occasionally switched-on music while riding which sounds great but I don't ride with music. I have also used the GPS voice navigation which works fine. Occasionally, I get a text which my iPhone reads to me. I can easily hear them at 70 mph - more on that below.

These are my first pair of AirPods so I don't know how they compare. My recommendation to you is to purchase them from Apple, BestBuy, Amazon, ... and give them a test run for a week or so. Return them if they don't work out. BTW, I purchased mine reconditioned from Apple or Amazon for about a 20% discount. Try all three of ear cushions.

Lastly, I thought I'd say a few words about helmet noise. I've experimented for years to make the acoustical noise that reaches my ears inside the helmet as quiet as possible. I did this to reduce the chance of triggering the occasional tinnitus I get. Mines' not bad and I credit my efforts to keep helmet noise as quiet as possible. Actually, you really care about the noise that gets into your ear canal. I've studied this for years and have a strong background in noise reduction and have a pretty good working knowledge of acoustics, sound perception and noise.

Here's all the things I've done to reduce noise level reaching my ear canals:
There are two sources of noise to be concerned with: engine noise and wind noise. Engine noise is relatively simple do deal with: Get a quiet bike. Vespas are pretty quiet and I never found them to be a problem. My BMW R1100RT has a 1100CC engine but its pretty quiet, even at WOT which I almost never do. I cringe when I read that someone is looking to increase the exhaust sound level. Harleys are the worst and I'd never consider getting one for that reason alone.

Wind noise requires more sophisticated measures. The first measure of defense is a windscreen that come to just below your eyes. Here's a post I did a decade ago about cutting down a Vespa Large windscreen. Look at the pictures to see the height I cut it to. It worked great and I'd do the same thing again today. every other windscreen height will result in major wind noise in the helmet. My cockpit was pretty quiet up to 60 mph on my GTV with this windscreen. My BMW has an electrically-controlled windshield height adjustment. It's excellent. I tweak the height all the time during the ride.

The second thing I did get a quiet helmet. https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmet-noise/ has a great list of motorcycle helmet noise levels but its now 4 years out of date. The Shoei Modulars have always had relatively low noise levels in the helmet. Shoei fits me well and I'm now on my 4th one. The helmet is even quieter with the windscreen down. Expensive tho but my hearing is worth it.

The AirPods Pros are the last component to noise reduction in my ear canals. I've talked about those already above.

I still get some wind noise and I can't figure out how I can get rid of it completely. But I keep trying and I'll report it here is I can figure it out.

I have some other things to do tonight so I'm not going to get a chance to go back and edit this. Please excuse the editing and typing errors.

I hope all that helps.
Cheers. Miguel
This is a good summary on the noise issue, thanks Miguel!

I'd like to add one, mayby obvious way to reduce noise: reduction of speed.

I have a bit of hearing issues too. One very simple way to reduce the noise load to my ears is to ride slower. That's what I do, traffic permitting. I almost always ride below speed limits nowadays. I seek smaller roads, detours, with less traffic to allow me to do this. They are more fun to ride anyways!

I'll also have to confess that one factor why I'm considering to change my otherwise brilliant, 4 years old bike is the exhaust noise. It has these upswept, scrambler style pipes. With a more throaty and louder exhaust note than model versions with traditional pipes. So I'll get to enjoy louder noise closer to my ears.

As one might guess, there are even louder pipes available as accessories, but no silent ones. Just yesterday, when I was walking our dog, a GTS with a standard exhaust rode past and man was I jealous of that tiny purrrr...