OP
@lappy avatar
UTC

Primavera 50

@lappy avatar
Primavera 50
UTC quote
The right rear light on my 2020 primavera was cracked where the screw holds it in place. I took it apart and repaired the crack with gorilla glue yesterday. After 24 hours, I re-assembled the light and installed it. I guess they may have over tightened it in the factory and it may have cracked in the extreme heat we’ve had here all summer. Anyway, everything is back to normal thanks to gorilla glue. It would have cost me $30 Canadian to buy a new one.
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento

Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
UTC quote
There are plenty of plastic parts on our modern Vespas that are vulnerable to over-tightening. I think shop mechanics are just as guilty as the owners for accidentally giving the screws one too many turns. The handlebar mirror covers on some of the older GTS models are especially susceptible to breaking as is the coolant bleed valve housing.
@gasmk1 avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa lxv 125 vie dell moda Chianti

Addicted
@gasmk1 avatar
Vespa lxv 125 vie dell moda Chianti
UTC quote
Happened to my LXV a few years ago may be a weak spot or just unlucky.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
When tightening up screw like this, use your fingertips as a gauge. Easy does it . Get all hamfisted with it, and you will buying lots of parts. Crying or Very sad emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0077s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]