Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012

Molto Verboso
@petercc avatar
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
(...)
I think the German language
has lower (Southern Germany) and High land (Northern German)
differences. Also, perhaps the Dutch and Germans language
have influences on each other.
(...)
What is now German and Dutch used to be one language area where accents, words and the meaning of words, dialects, gradually changed from one local region to the next. So there was a gradual change in language from Austria in the south-east to the Netherlands in the north-west.

The split in 2 languages came as a result mainly of the formation of state borders.
What is now Belgium and the Netherlands did get seperated from what is now Germany, I think already somewhere around the 10th century. And then many unexpected things happened in this turbulent history of this part of Europe. And as a result we have now 2 languages, very related, but also distinctly different: German and Dutch.

But I thought we were discussing the price of fuels...
UTC

Enthusiast
2017 Piaggio BV 350

Enthusiast
2017 Piaggio BV 350
UTC quote
mayorofnow wrote:
How much more is that than 90E10? Ethanol free is fun to experiment with, but the economics don't make sense to me. For one, they often charge a premium for it; and for two, it's less prevalent than E10 (at least on the west coast). You don't have to ride very far out of your way to negate a 5% savings on a 100 mile tank.
Quite a bit here. I run premium e10 here if no ethanol free is available but as I live on a lake, there are many stations around which carry ethanol free. I prefer it for the better performance with hoses etc. It is recommended for lawn equipment as well for that reason. Also less gumming up over time. Price wise, ethanol free is 4.89 here and 93 octane e10 is around 3.75.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
chickdr wrote:
Quite a bit here. I run premium e10 here if no ethanol free is available but as I live on a lake, there are many stations around which carry ethanol free. I prefer it for the better performance with hoses etc. It is recommended for lawn equipment as well for that reason. Also less gumming up over time. Price wise, ethanol free is 4.89 here and 93 octane e10 is around 3.75.
Cool - you do you.

My main motivation would be efficiency. Eliminating a 10% mix of ethanol isn't worth a 30% premium, measured in miles per dollar.

I've never seen an ethanol-free pump in Italy, so I trust these machines to be reliable whether or not ethanol is present, but I don't know the details.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0474s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0370s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]