THIS HAS NOW BEEN SOLD.

I've had this Merlin waxed jacket for a few years but unfortunately have not worn it as much as I hoped - and it's too nice a piece of gear just to sit in a closet without being worn. It's a product of Merlin's factor in Dundee, Scotland - and made from heavy-weight Halley Stevenson waxed cotton. The jacket is armored, comes with an inner quilted lining, and has a million convenient pockets and snaps. I bought it a few years ago from the original owner. I never learned the specific model name - but the jacket is a serious piece of gear.

One thing worth noting: I believe most of the original wax coating has worn off, and needs to be reapplied for the waterproof aspects of waxed cotton.

Some years ago I bought it for $150, which seemed to be a reasonable price as new heavyweight waxed Merlins go for around $350 new, and used ones seem to hover between $150 and $225.

In the interests of Vespa karma - and providing a deal for some fellow MVer who wants a nice heavyweight waxed cotton jacket but can't afford the stratospheric prices of Belstaff's or Barbour's - or even the prices of newer Merlin's --- PRICE is now reduced to $99.99

THIS JACKET HAS NOW BEEN SOLD.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text