@scooterist avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E

Molto Verboso
@scooterist avatar
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E
UTC quote
^^ when you are running lean you can smell it, it smells like hot metal, I know I am saying a very subtle statement here but literally you can smell when the scooter engine is running hot, it gives you indications like revving high or hard to restart. the spark plug is one indication but the engine just irradiates more noticeable heat.
UTC

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes
UTC quote
Matt73 wrote:
All great comments but I have been as high as a 145 MJ and it's still lean at WOT it has to be something else surely ?. If this was any conventional carb I would have it dialed in real quick but these vespa carbs take a bit of understanding. If its not that I'm starting to think the pipe may be no good as it was running great with the sip2 I just wanted more of the 2 stroke buzz. I only do short journeys max 30 and wanted a bit of a screamer.

Thanks Matt
The answer is already in this thread. Everything has been mentioned. Something you are thinking is ok, is absolutely not ok. 145 jet on an AC120 should be unridable.
The one thing you have not attached is a picture of your BGM carb with a 2mm drill loose fitting, right through to the base of the jet. I have seen these carbs not drilled.
OP
UTC

Motovespa 150s lambretta li150

Motovespa 150s lambretta li150
UTC quote
Hi Jack

I am going to have look at the carb next week along with the timing oys definitely worth checking. The thing is hot and sometimes hard to start . It turns out the cht was a bit of a curve ball as the sensor is broken i guess so many plug chops have killed it.

Will update you all next week I am away camping with the kids at the moment.

Take care

Matt
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0200s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0126s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]