OP
@shpatspahiu avatar
UTC

Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE 2021

@shpatspahiu avatar
UTC quote
Hello vespalovers, just got (a week ago) a brand new GTS 2021. Great bike, still in the break-in period, with only 140 km’s (87 miles).
Couple of things about it though have me concerned -might just be because of the break in period- but I still want a peace of mind and your thoughts/experiences..

Today is the second time it stalled (first time: 3 days ago), and i kind of expected it to do it based on the idle sound i got. This happened only when I ran it first time for the day, I try the second time no problem whatsoever.

The second thing is: it looses power for half a second maybe and returns to normal while riding at speeds like 40 km/h or 60 (i dont exceed 70 km/h). [it does the same thing with ASR turned off too.]

And it gets hot pretty fast, although this im sure is because the engine is still very new.

Ok, what do you think?
UTC

Lurker
GTS 300 Racing Sixties MY21

Lurker
GTS 300 Racing Sixties MY21
UTC quote
I can at least give some input on 1 and 3, my 2021 GTS 300 also stalled while idling once during the first day, so as long as it doesn’t happen more than once or twice I think it’s normal, mines been running great for 2500km since.

I also noticed the Vespa generating a little more heat the first 200km, though not enough for the fan to get going.

Edit: on point 2, my GTS felt slightly jerky in the fueling when doing a constant speed in the beginning, is that what you are feeling as well, or is it during acceleration?

I feel like 1 and 2 could be due to the injection system tuning itself for the first 100 or so km.
OP
@shpatspahiu avatar
UTC

@shpatspahiu avatar
UTC quote
Yeah, I agree on 1st and 3rd, and also the 2nd point is exactly as you say!
Itll probably conform shortly, thanks for the insight!
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
I never had 1st.

At the beginning 2nd was annoying. Feels like too lean mixture. Don't know if I'm getting used to it already. Or does changing fuel from 98 to 95 make difference but it is not as noticeable anymore (500km odo). My euro4 Hpe didn't have such characteristics but this new euro5 Hpe have.

3rd. How do you know anything about engine temperature if there's no temperature gauge?
OP
@shpatspahiu avatar
UTC

@shpatspahiu avatar
UTC quote
Thanks for the reply Partanen.
About the temperature, my legs would get too hot because of the airflow on the vents, that didnt happen with my old gts 2017. Although, ever since I have done 210 km’s, now it doesnt get hot anymore, whereas before that the fan used to get turned on all the time (35 degrees in C here in Kosovo).

And the 2nd, yes it is still happening, I hope itll go away because it is annoying.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0086s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]