OP
UTC

2010 GTS 300ie Super

2010 GTS 300ie Super
UTC quote
I drive for Uber Eats full time in San Francisco. I’ve used a few scooters for delivery including the Lance Havana 125 which gave me 80+ miles to the gallon.

So what makes the MP3 superior for me? Hills, specifically parking on very steep hills while delivering. On my MP3 500 (2016) I double park, put on the hazard lights, hit the stabilizer and parking brake and do the delivery. On the lance it was a challenge especially on very steep inclines where even the main stand wouldn’t stop the bike from topping over. So I had to be creative with angling the bike with the side stand. I dreaded it to be honest.

There’s also that solid feeling while going fast. On cheap lightweight scooters I always had some anxiety, little power and being pushed all over from the wind. I don’t experience that with the MP3 500.

Now, the MP3 500 isn’t the best for MPG but still beats cars. It’s solid, stable and quick enough for the city. The ABS is a must with all the bad drivers. The newer MP3 has reverse which for me would actually be used as I can recall many times pulling into a spot and having to heave that thing slightly up an incline to get out.

The under-seat space is spacious for food and drinks and I’m replacing the Piaggio top box with a 51L Givi soon.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)
UTC quote
randyjsmith wrote:
I drive for Uber Eats full time in San Francisco. I’ve used a few scooters for delivery including the Lance Havana 125 which gave me 80+ miles to the gallon.

So what makes the MP3 superior for me? Hills, specifically parking on very steep hills while delivering. On my MP3 500 (2016) I double park, put on the hazard lights, hit the stabilizer and parking brake and do the delivery. On the lance it was a challenge especially on very steep inclines where even the main stand wouldn’t stop the bike from topping over. So I had to be creative with angling the bike with the side stand. I dreaded it to be honest.

There’s also that solid feeling while going fast. On cheap lightweight scooters I always had some anxiety, little power and being pushed all over from the wind. I don’t experience that with the MP3 500.

Now, the MP3 500 isn’t the best for MPG but still beats cars. It’s solid, stable and quick enough for the city. The ABS is a must with all the bad drivers. The newer MP3 has reverse which for me would actually be used as I can recall many times pulling into a spot and having to heave that thing slightly up an incline to get out.

The under-seat space is spacious for food and drinks and I’m replacing the Piaggio top box with a 51L Givi soon.
I can give an idea to help you with your work, you can get Adventure Bags (around 30Ltr) and you can put it in front of you, between the legs, and put the handle in the bag holder, it should be stable as you will have food (not that heavy).
Good luck!
UTC

Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 300 HPE

Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 300 HPE
UTC quote
I've only ever seen one MP3 delivery scooter here in London. But then again, they aren't such a common sight. Even rarer, I saw a guy on a Peugeot Metropolis. Good God that looks huge from the front end.
OP
UTC

2010 GTS 300ie Super

2010 GTS 300ie Super
UTC quote
imadequavers wrote:
I've only ever seen one MP3 delivery scooter here in London. But then again, they aren't such a common sight. Even rarer, I saw a guy on a Peugeot Metropolis. Good God that looks huge from the front end.
I’ve never seen one doing deliveries and shockingly have only seen one 500 MP3 ever driving around San Francisco. Obviously they’re not cheap. I payed 5700 for my 2016 with 6700 miles on it and in perfect condition. Bought it from the original owner who bought it new in 2017 and paid 13k with everything!

All the guys around here have either the Honda or some other small scooters. Mostly cheap. Funny though I don’t have any problems parking this thing exactly where I would my Lance 125 which was way smaller.

I tried using the Econ mode for gas but then my scooter feels exactly like my old MP3 250ie. So I leave that off and just pay closer attention to accelerating etc. I’d rather have that power in a crunch than saving on gas milage.
UTC

Hooked
2019 MP3 500 Sport

Hooked
2019 MP3 500 Sport
UTC quote
randyjsmith wrote:
I tried using the Econ mode for gas but then my scooter feels exactly like my old MP3 250ie. So I leave that off and just pay closer attention to accelerating etc. I'd rather have that power in a crunch than saving on gas milage.
Indeed - I have tested the eco mode compared with me simply being chill on the throttle - results are identical... and yes, that power surge is useful at times, especially with a heavy bike like the MP3 you sometimes need every little horse or even a pony.
@frcx94 avatar
UTC

Addicted
2019 MP3 500 HPE Business

Addicted
@frcx94 avatar
2019 MP3 500 HPE Business
UTC quote
Try a French solution ....
http://www.scodiam.fr/
http://www.scodiam.fr/
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
UTC quote
What's the big box for? The rider's dignity? Laughing emoticon Laughing emoticon Laughing emoticon

And for something really quirky that only the French could come up with, try this on for size.

A MP3 with a pantograph wiper. LMFAO! When I said in the other thread that the MP3 is as old as the hills and in dire need of a complete rethink, this is NOT what I had in mind. Only the French.

http://www.scodiam.fr/EN/vestratis.html

Kinda reminds me when BMW came out with their C1 garbage back in the 2000s. I'm just gonna rack that one up to "Z Germans on drugs". A bike with a f'n seat belt. LOL!!!
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)
UTC quote
sbaert wrote:
What's the big box for? The rider's dignity? Laughing emoticon Laughing emoticon Laughing emoticon

And for something really quirky that only the French could come up with, try this on for size.

A MP3 with a pantograph wiper. LMFAO! When I said in the other thread that the MP3 is as old as the hills and in dire need of a complete rethink, this is NOT what I had in mind. Only the French.

http://www.scodiam.fr/EN/vestratis.html

Kinda reminds me when BMW came out with their C1 garbage back in the 2000s. I'm just gonna rack that one up to "Z Germans on drugs". A bike with a f'n seat belt. LOL!!!
I saw the attachment for the MP3, first it does not help at all, so if you are riding in the rain, the rain will come in from the sides and back, so it will not help and secondly the price is a bit costly,,,,, not worth it.
@garthhh avatar
UTC

Addicted
2020 Liberty 150, 2020 MP3-500

Addicted
@garthhh avatar
2020 Liberty 150, 2020 MP3-500
UTC quote
I use the bag hook with a reusable grocery bag going through various drive thru's
I'm working on sewing up a better version
The shape that will hold the most volume suggests a name for the product
Scooter Scrotes
OP
UTC

2010 GTS 300ie Super

2010 GTS 300ie Super
UTC quote
frcx94 wrote:
Try a French solution ....
That's hilarious 😂. You know I delivered yesterday for a bit and everything fit under my seat. I have the Piaggio top box but will be purchasing the Givi Monokey 56L box soon. The only item I have trouble with are very large 🍕 but I simply bungee those to the back seat.
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
UTC quote
You might want to look into SHAD's 59X box. It is a expendable box that allows for 3 different sizes up to 59Liter (approx 20% more than the "large" box (50L) Piaggio sells. It fits the Piaggio top mount directly since SHAD makes the OE box for Piaggio.

In other words, plug and play upgrade.

Pretty nifty, and SHAD's build quality seems way ahead of GIVI which tends to be plastic fantastic city a.k.a. read flimsy.

OP
UTC

2010 GTS 300ie Super

2010 GTS 300ie Super
UTC quote
sbaert wrote:
You might want to look into SHAD's 59X box. It is a expendable box that allows for 3 different sizes up to 59Liter (approx 20% more than the "large" box (50L) Piaggio sells. It fits the Piaggio top mount directly since SHAD makes the OE box for Piaggio.

Pretty nifty, and SHAD's build quality seems way ahead of GIVI which tends to be plastic fantastic city a.k.a. read flimsy.

That looks awesome. I like the idea that I don't need to fiddle with replacing the bracket and it's a way bigger box.
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)
UTC quote
sbaert wrote:

It looks good but what about the maximum weight you can carry in it? that can be the draw back to it, I am sure it would be costly to buy, but if it does not carry the required weight, then it would be a waste of money.
OP
UTC

2010 GTS 300ie Super

2010 GTS 300ie Super
UTC quote
abcdef wrote:
It looks good but what about the maximum weight you can carry in it? that can be the draw back to it, I am sure it would be costly to buy, but if it does not carry the required weight, then it would be a waste of money.
It's advertised for two full face helmets. But for deliveries, it's amazing. It's about 500 with tax so it's pricey but I'm going to order next week. I also like how it's adjustable height plus it actually matches my scooter.
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
UTC quote
There is a less expensive model, the 58X. Same adjustable features. You only lose 1Liter capacity and the alumin decorative plate.

But you can buy painted deco plates to match as accessory if desired

Maximum carry weight stays at 10Kg (22lbs) for all models and top speed at 120kph although I've had mine up to 170kph on a Yamaha while remaining stable and solid. The Givis tend to vibrate and wobble at higher speeds.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
Solution: Yamaha Tricity 155 cc, flat platform, parking brake, 160 kg.
Imported only in Europe.
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
UTC quote
The tricity is gutless unless you step up the 300cc model and even then it is a city machine
OP
UTC

2010 GTS 300ie Super

2010 GTS 300ie Super
UTC quote
sbaert wrote:
The tricity is gutless unless you step up the 300cc model and even then it is a city machine
Yeah it's not a bad looking bike but I don't know why anyone would fork out lots of money for a underpowered scooter especially the MP3. The 500cc performance is like my old Ninja 250 which isn't that fast to be honest. The Piaggio's problem is it's weight. If they slapped in a 650 we might see 500cc true performance 😂 but the gas mileage…
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0284s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0151s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]