OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Does anyone know if the new cylinders have different porting to the 2013/2016 kits (MHR and Sport), or is the separate/steel exhaust stub the only difference?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
V range 50s

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
V range 50s
UTC quote
swa45 wrote:
Does anyone know if the new cylinders have different porting to the 2013/2016 kits (MHR and Sport), or is the separate/steel exhaust stub the only difference?
What is this mate???

Oh no… I found it on SIP and scooter center…

Why’d they have to go and do this, just when real life work was picking up…

But looks like nothing much has changed… the exhaust flange seems more for racers and the ability to swap it out if needed.

Was hoping they went even more aggressive on the port timings

UTC

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes
UTC quote
swa45 wrote:
You we're the first to notice. All info says its the same timing. Hopefully will be a while before I ruin my new MHR kit and need one.
Using an O ring exhaust with springs, I can't see how this is any better. Now it has another point where it can leak or fall off. Although will be easier to tune the exhaust Port, always a silver lining somewhere.
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Interestingly, the SCK video is referring to a keystone piston ring and the need to fit it the correct way round, which I thought we'd established was no longer used, since Malossi started to use the Vertex piston. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
They never ditched the keystone type ring, even with the Vertex pistons…
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Thanks SaFiS, I just bought the MRP CNC head for my MHR, so I'll check the ring orientation when I when the cylinder and fit the head this weekend
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0113s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0033s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]