Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:43 am

Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:43 am linkquote

I was behind my scooter here getting gloves out of my top case shortly before 7:30AM - ready to head home - when Dave Chappelle & friend walked past on their way to Dinos. (not much else open this hour, except Tom's grocery - village is setting up a block away for an Art in the Park show. That likely got these two out this early.) He gave me a fist pump for my scooter, and said some greeting behind his mask as they walked past. I told them good morning.
At one time he rode a souped up little scooter here in town.

This past week the village has reinstated mask wearing in all the stores. We decided not to do the Art in the Park thing. A little too crowded in there and only about 42% of locals are vaccinated, according to the paper, and beds are filling again.

O.S.
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:15 am

Hooked
Piaggio Liberty 150 AKA Gio

Hooked
Piaggio Liberty 150 AKA Gio
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:15 am linkquote
OldSchooot wrote:

I was behind my scooter here getting gloves out of my top case shortly before 7:30AM - ready to head home - when Dave Chappelle & friend walked past on their way to Dinos. (not much else open this hour, except Tom's grocery - village is setting up a block away for an Art in the Park show. That likely got these two out this early.) He gave me a fist pump for my scooter, and said some greeting behind his mask as they walked past. I told them good morning.
At one time he rode a souped up little scooter here in town.

This past week the village has reinstated mask wearing in all the stores. We decided not to do the Art in the Park thing. A little too crowded in there and only about 42% of locals are vaccinated, according to the paper, and beds are filling again.

O.S.
So you are in Yellow Springs! I went to Wright State (78-84) and spent a lot of time in YS. Back then there were still a lot of the 60's left in town and most of the older small houses were occupied by real Hippies. The only town I could live in Ohio, except for maybe Cleveland.

My best friend from college still lives just outside of town in a really old (early 1800's) farmhouse. I keep track of stuff going on thru him.

My favorite memory was from a used bookstore. I was always interested in "back to the earth" stuff and found a book titled something like "How to identify, age, and prepare road kill for your commune". I didn't buy it (though I bought a bunch of other gems that I still have) and regret it to this day.
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0284s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0057s) ][ Debug on ][ 211 ][ Thing One ]