@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
Over in General Discussion, a new user was asking for a list of acronyms used on MV, using VSB as an example. I pointed out VSB was actually a model abbreviation, and not an acronym. It occurs to me that MV could really use a cross-reference of legacy Vespa model abbreviations in the Wiki, e.g. VBC = Vespa Super 150.

Anyone want to take on the task of compiling that list for the wiki?
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
http://www.scooterhelp.com/serial/ves.frame.serial.numbers.html

Don’t know who to give credit to. Not sure if there’s any legal way to put this in the wiki. Ask your legal team ROFL emoticon
OP
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
MJRally wrote:
http://www.scooterhelp.com/serial/ves.frame.serial.numbers.html

Don’t know who to give credit to. Not sure if there’s any legal way to put this in the wiki.
There isn't. Someone would have to compile the list independently in order to make it legal.
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator
VNB VSC VMA VSX - o9c vbc vmb

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
VNB VSC VMA VSX - o9c vbc vmb
UTC quote
It’s a great idea.

Scoothelp is a godsend, but as we have seen recently with scootnet and even MV… database integrity and/or site infrastructure is dubious as things evolve. Having another source for reference would be a good thing.

Would be cool too.. to try and get as many other variants included as possible.

Allstate
MotoVespa
Douglas
ACMA
DanMotors
Etc
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC quote
The Vespa Tecnica books have this info as well. it's on the homologation shown and these are official records, so don't see how that could be a copyright issue.
OP
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
The Vespa Tecnica books have this info as well. it's on the homologation shown and these are official records, so don't see how that could be a copyright issue.
Copyright over compilation is a gray area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_in_compilation
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC quote
I've started making a list of all the ones I know off the top of my head, marked the source as "Patrick". I'll then back fill from the info in Technica, and then some gaps with scooterhelp, listing the source of each.

Been trying to think of a good way to group/sort them. so far I have large/small/wide frame, the model name, the model code (VSB...), the displacement, starting year of production, ending year of production.
OP
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
UTC quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
I've started making a list of all the ones I know off the top of my head, marked the source as "Patrick". I'll then back fill from the info in Technica, and then some gaps with scooterhelp, listing the source of each.
w00t! That's awesome!
oopsclunkthud wrote:
Been trying to think of a good way to group/sort them. so far I have large/small/wide frame, the model name, the model code (VSB...), the displacement, starting year of production, ending year of production.
There are a bunch of valid ways to slice that. Perhaps multiply grouped?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0110s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]