OP
UTC

Lol Star 125

Lol Star 125
UTC quote
Have replaced my lml 125 2T 04 plate wiring loom because wiring was brittle needed to connect the starter motor relay wiring there are two larger wires a red and blue that fit on the right of the relay,then two smaller wires a brown and a pink/red on the left of the relay.Need to know which way around they fit on the relay, scratching my head at moment and need some help please Crying or Very sad emoticon
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
It doesn’t matter…
OP
UTC

Lol Star 125

Lol Star 125
UTC quote
There must be a reason why two different colours if I connect anyway around no damage ? Should I just bite the bullet and go for it !!
@moto64 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'64 Motovespa 150S (177) , '65 VBB, '66 Allstate SF, '66 180SS

Molto Verboso
@moto64 avatar
'64 Motovespa 150S (177) , '65 VBB, '66 Allstate SF, '66 180SS
UTC quote
The smaller set of prongs is a circuit that when completed , actuates the solenoid.
The other larger set are the starter circuit which is completed by the solenoid when the smaller circuit is completed.
It looks like the spades are different sizes for the two sets of wires so the circuits are clear and the position of the colored wires is not critical.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Lol Star 125

Lol Star 125
UTC quote
Thanks for that reply I will reconnect as instructed and look out for any SMOKE that's the trouble with me (a proper scaredy cat !!)
OP
UTC

Lol Star 125

Lol Star 125
UTC quote
Have fitted the starter motor relay and took notice of what you said with ref to the large and smaller connections the only connection I am not sure about is a black does this earth the relay or go to negative on battery
Any help grateful(all this cos I did not image beforehand !!) Hi Jim
@christopher_55934 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
@christopher_55934 avatar
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
Glyn wrote:
Have fitted the starter motor relay and took notice of what you said with ref to the large and smaller connections the only connection I am not sure about is a black does this earth the relay or go to negative on battery
Any help grateful(all this cos I did not image beforehand !!) Hi Jim
Earth, negative or ground should all be common. The negative wire from the battery should connect to the frame somewhere on your scooter. Without pictures, if you're talking about two smaller gauge wires for a relay one is positive when you press the start button the other is a ground. You can connect it to a good ground spot on the chassis.

This picture is basically what your trying to wire up.

https://www.swe-check.com.au/images/editorials/relay-wiring_example2.gif
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0210s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0151s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]