OP
UTC

GTS300, LX150

GTS300, LX150
UTC quote
I just got a BV500 with 9500 miles on it. It had a faulty voltage regulator so I replaced it with a new Oem one and threw in a fresh battery. It runs great now.

It does however have an intermittent issue: it'll crank but not run. When this happens I pull the key out and try again. I normally get lucky after 4-5 time and then it runs perfect, tip top.

I'd really rather it starts on the first try. Anybody has a clue where to begin?

[img][/img]
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Are you letting the fuel pump run before trying to start. Turn on the key and listen for the pump and the dash lights to cycle through before starting.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
What is the maintenance history on it?
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@morpheous avatar
UTC

2006 BV500

@morpheous avatar
2006 BV500
UTC quote
could be ..crank pos sensor, valves out of adj, failing or clogged injectors, clogged fuel filter, fuel pump, clogged fuel line, loose battery terminal connection<<<<start here
⚠️ Last edited by morpheous on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
UTC

GTS300, LX150

GTS300, LX150
UTC quote
I had the local Vespa shop do the recall service on the fuel pump and now it starts perfect every time. They said someone had already been in there but it was wonky at best. Thanks for your help.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0083s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]