OP
UTC

Lurker
P200

Lurker
P200
UTC quote
Hello could somebody tell me why I am not having the clutch engaging please. I am putting my dads engine back together and even getting grips on the clutch arm pulling it forward. Pushing the kick start I can still hear piston moving proving that somthing isn't right the clutch is not enabling. Any bodie got any suggestions please
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Moved to NSM, where you are likely to get a better answer.
@rowdyc avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GL, PK, PE200 with hack, Sears Rust Badge

Molto Verboso
@rowdyc avatar
GL, PK, PE200 with hack, Sears Rust Badge
UTC quote
Its very hard to grip the clutch arm by hand to engage. If the clutch spins and the piston moves while moving kickstart that's good for now. Should be ok if space/gear is correct and the clutch rebuilt correct, too. Make sure the inside of clutch cover is rebuilt correct, too.
When installed back in bike try it again with the clutch cable connected to see if the clutch engages.

Good luck!
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

72 Days Since Last Explosion

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

72 Days Since Last Explosion
UTC quote
If you really want to test the clutch out of the bike, put a pair of vice grips on the clutch arm and that'll give you enough leverage to check it.

I'd also confirm that the clutch arm isn't frozen. With the cover off, you should be able to move the arm by hand pretty easily because that return spring isn't all that stiff, despite how it looks.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0107s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0041s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]