@startmeup avatar
UTC

Lurker
2012 GTV 300 & 2021 GTS 75th Anni.

Lurker
@startmeup avatar
2012 GTV 300 & 2021 GTS 75th Anni.
UTC quote
I randomly found myself sitting next to a Piaggio Executive on a flight recently and learned that the Vespa/ Barbie deal almost unravelled in the final hours. Apparently, Mattel was determined that no other co-branded partnerships had evolved whereas the Barbie logo was smaller than the sponsored motor-partner. Corvette, Ferrari, Chevy, Mercedes...logos never dwarfed the Barbie Logo. In the end, Vespa pulled it off, the rest is Barbie/Vespa history. A little Vespa trivia for you.
2003 Vespa / Barbie combo
2003 Vespa / Barbie combo
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
Interesting! I get the feeling a lot of toy companies do stuff like that, and there are far more cases where the collaboration never sees the light of day.

Barbie previously had a sort of Honda Elite style scoot, too. I don't believe it was actually branded as such, though.
@double_m avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa Primavera 150

Hooked
@double_m avatar
Vespa Primavera 150
UTC quote
LOL, I have one on Ebay right now. The Blue ones are rarer than the Pink ones it seems...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353619525305
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0090s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0028s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]