@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Well I finally traded in my 2011 Vespa for a 2021 and could not be happier. The power difference is night and day with torque in the mid range and don't feel as much of a difference off the line.

Waiting for the top case and the tall windscreen to arrive but will enjoy the shorter screen that comes with the touring until it starts getting a little cooler and I will go back and forth with windscreens now based on weather.

The new bike shakes more and feels Harleyisque? I do not plan on doing any mods to this bike but getting a modified exhaust is very tempting. It's crazy to think that the bike only depreciated about $2500 over a 10 year period based on what I paid new.

I also noticed that the bike topped out at 80 MPH vs 90 MPH on my old 300. I am guessing that the 90 MPH on my old scooter was about 75 MPH actual and the 80 MPH showing on the new scooter is about 75 MPH actual?

I miss knowing the outside temperature like I had on my 06' 250 but I lived without it on my 11' 300 but I really want to find a little way to have that info on my dash somehow?

I noticed that my old scooter went straight better and took a bit more effort to turn in and this new scooter is always ready to tip into a turn and I scraped the side with only 35 miles on the scooter since I got it a few hours ago.

Do I sound excited? Absolutely but I do miss the 2011 a little as we have been through so much together but I did not want to be closing in on 20k miles on that scooter knowing there might be more issues.

Thanks for listening and letting me ramble.
Side
Side
Back
Back
Other side
Other side
UTC

GTS300

GTS300
UTC quote
Congrats. She's a beaut.

Interesting that the difference is so noticeable. I daren't try a new HPE for fear of doing something financially irresponsible.

Oh and hey neighbor! (well not quite, but we're both SoCal).
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
At only 20,000 miles, if we'll maintained, your old scooter was probably good for another 30,000 before starting to have real problems.

But it is always nice to get something shiny and new.

With a little extra performance too.

Bill
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Gripster wrote:
Congrats. She's a beaut.

Interesting that the difference is so noticeable. I daren't try a new HPE for fear of doing something financially irresponsible.

Oh and hey neighbor! (well not quite, but we're both SoCal).
The bike shakes more and you can definitely tell they did everything they could to get the most out of that engine. It's the mid torque that is so noticeable and what your most likely to feel that was so night and day.

If your local or near Irvine and you want a ride, stop by anytime and take it out. 🤙
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
At only 20,000 miles, if we'll maintained, your old scooter was probably good for another 30,000 before starting to have real problems.

But it is always nice to get something shiny and new.

With a little extra performance too.

Bill
Massimo Vespa in Costa Mesa does all of my maintenance and keep the bike feeling new but after I heard how much I could get for my old scooter I thought it's now or never and surprised my wife with her favorite color combo.

We went out for a ride 2-up tonight and she hates it without the top case so I hope we get it soon.
⚠️ Last edited by 2011Super on UTC; edited 1 time
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
When you turn off ASR you'll get more at the low end.

Interestingly I've been noticing how much my 2019 Supertech wants to go in a straight line. It's developed this feeling over 16,000km, didn't notice it when the bike was new. (My old 2009 wanted to turn left.)
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
steelbytes wrote:
When you turn off ASR you'll get more at the low end.

Interestingly I've been noticing how much my 2019 Supertech wants to go in a straight line. It's developed this feeling over 16,000km, didn't notice it when the bike was new. (My old 2009 wanted to turn left.)
Ohh I want to try that! I held it but I didn't see it turn off? Do you tap it off or hold it? I want to feel that low end torque.
@halijaro avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'99 PX200 & GTS300 HPE SuperSport

Molto Verboso
@halijaro avatar
'99 PX200 & GTS300 HPE SuperSport
UTC quote
Not sure I'd fancy my chances of finding a grub screw dropped on that garage floor. Laughing emoticon

Lovely scoot btw.
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Haha I had to move everything out of the garage last weekend after dropping a large nail and a few screws. Pressure washed the area to push them out and then hit it with the blower. One of those things I did not think about until after they were in.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
2011Super wrote:
Ohh I want to try that! I held it but I didn't see it turn off? Do you tap it off or hold it? I want to feel that low end torque.
Press and hold the button until the asr light turns on solid. (Couple of seconds)
@kimpossible avatar
UTC

Addicted
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300

Addicted
@kimpossible avatar
Tethys - 2012 GTS 300
UTC quote
Congratulations on the new scoot!
On straight line vs quick turns what tires are you running?
When you say shakes more, do you mean the head shake?

Beautiful scooter!
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
KimPossible wrote:
Congratulations on the new scoot!
On straight line vs quick turns what tires are you running?
When you say shakes more, do you mean the head shake?

Beautiful scooter!
Thank you!! 🙏

I had the Michelin Pilot City tires on both scooters. I need to check to make sure the tire inflation is not too high. Yes, the older engine was quieter and did not shake the bike at idol. The new one feels like the cams are tuned and make the bike shake? Nothing major but just different. Overall excellent scooter and so happy to swapped it out. I hope the next one in 10-years will be electric.
@grouper avatar
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS 300 hpe Touring

Hooked
@grouper avatar
2020 GTS 300 hpe Touring
UTC quote
I love that bike! Congratulations! Don't forget to check the oil frequently.

Edit: oh yes...love that Vespa parking sign too. Nice touch.
@seamus26 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50

Ossessionato
@seamus26 avatar
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50
UTC quote
Gripster wrote:
I daren't try a new HPE for fear of doing something financially irresponsible.
I received a call from our local dealer that he had a new HPE on the floor ready for a test drive. I was on a list. Between the time I was put on said list and the call I had re-evaluated my scooter situation. I told him my Aprilia 50 will cruise nicely at 40 (and by that I mean 30 tops - he laughed) and the Stella will cruise nicely at 55 and is getting near 90mpg. The 55-75mph range doesn't do anything for me. I don't have a "need" for a new bike. Without hesitation he said, "Nobody ever 'NEEDS' one of these." He totally got it.

Oh, and nice bike, 2011Super. That's exactly the one I was looking into.
UTC

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300
UTC quote
Nice ride! I'm assuming that you'll add handlebar weights when the top case comes and that might make the new bike feel "less lively".

And, if you've reviewed the MV forum on the HPE you'll see that it's worth monitoring the oil level.

Safe riding!
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
Congratulations.
That looks sharp and beautiful.
I have a 2018 GTS Touring, I notice that the new edition doesn't have the front rack.
I haven't yet used the front rack but then again I hven't done any touring as such yet .
You are going to love the smoothness that this new engine has, it does purr nicely.
Damn your garage floors are really neat, chipped marble on concrete polished or is it plastic on epoxy or maybe it is tiles whatever it is pleasurable space to work on your new Vespa tinkering with it.
@retro_scoot avatar
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS300 HPE "Whiskers"

Hooked
@retro_scoot avatar
2020 GTS300 HPE "Whiskers"
UTC quote
Good looking scoot! (Floor, too )

Take care with the dipstick but do check the oil frequently.

OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
baba12 wrote:
Congratulations.
That looks sharp and beautiful.
I have a 2018 GTS Touring, I notice that the new edition doesn't have the front rack.
I haven't yet used the front rack but then again I hven't done any touring as such yet .
You are going to love the smoothness that this new engine has, it does purr nicely.
Damn your garage floors are really neat, chipped marble on concrete polished or is it plastic on epoxy or maybe it is tiles whatever it is pleasurable space to work on your new Vespa tinkering with it.
Thank you for your kind comment on the floors and we went with the Epoxy. We are super happy with the way they came out and other than dropping a screw and never being able to find it I would absolutely do it again. The company that did it for us told us that they recently did the floors for Porsche of Irvine and they added sand for nonslip so I asked them to do the same thing for my floors and I absolutely love washing my car in the garage and never worry about slipping.
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Retro Scoot wrote:
Good looking scoot! (Floor, too )

Take care with the dipstick but do check the oil frequently.

I bought the scooter without looking at the forms first which is really unlike me. I appreciate the guidance on checking oil frequently so I'll make it a habit to do it about every two weeks, thank you everyone.
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
mrob wrote:
Nice ride! I'm assuming that you'll add handlebar weights when the top case comes and that might make the new bike feel "less lively".

And, if you've reviewed the MV forum on the HPE you'll see that it's worth monitoring the oil level.

Safe riding!
I will definitely be adding handlebar weights when the top case arrives. Do you have any suggestions on who makes the best handlebar weights these days? Guessing I'll need to grab them from Scooterwest.
@shrimp avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
LX150, Primavera 150

Enthusiast
@shrimp avatar
LX150, Primavera 150
UTC quote
2011Super your new GTS looks awesome but I can't get over how nice and organized your garage is! I'm mean seriously, it looks amazing.
OP
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Shrimp wrote:
2011Super your new GTS looks awesome but I can't get over how nice and organized your garage is! I'm mean seriously, it looks amazing.
Thank you very much! 🙏

I work from home and when I need a break I go into the garage turn on some classic rock and work on a project and when I'm done I go back to the office and start pounding out hours. That space is very sacred to me.
UTC

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300
UTC quote
2011Super wrote:
I will definitely be adding handlebar weights when the top case arrives. Do you have any suggestions on who makes the best handlebar weights these days? Guessing I'll need to grab them from Scooterwest.
The weighted ends are included with Vespa branded top cases (According to the Scooterwest product description for Vespa cases)

https://www.scooterwest.com/vespa-heavy-bar-end-weight-for-top-case-gt-gts-gtv-each-599399.html
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0277s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0150s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]