OP
UTC

250GTS ABS

250GTS ABS
UTC quote
Hello to all.

I bought a 250 GTS ABS Yesterday, I'm the 3rd owner and it has only 11,000 Kilometers on the clock. Condition is overall very good and the bike rides really nicely.

I do however have a couple of questions. Whe i brake i can hear what I assume is the ABS pump? and at a stand still the biting point of the brake lever changes, it gets closer to the bar. Normal?

I only recieved one Blue key. I hope that it can be duplicated?

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Chris.

p.s. The GTS was Bought to replace a 1802T Hexagon (which is def faster than the GTS) and i come form 20 years of small frames, PXs and and and ...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
UTC quote
Welcome to the site Chris.

Congrates on getting the scoot.

Ok, so the noise you can hear is probably due to a warped disc, not the abs pumping. I say this as your lever is getting closer to the handlebar after you stop and this indicates you have a brake problem of some kind. The pressure builds up in the brake system if the disc is warped but subsides after stopping allowing the lever to pull closer to the handlebar. Get this checked out if you are unable to do this yourself.

Regarding the key. The advise normally is to walk away from bikes that only have a blue key as it can be expensive to get another key sorted. Search this site for the answer. I'd do it for you but got to rush out just now. Good luck!
OP
UTC

250GTS ABS

250GTS ABS
UTC quote
Hi Stormrider,

thanks for the promt answer. I dont think the noise is a warped disc as i can hear it when at a standstill. Its a very quiet whine noise not unlike the Fuel Pump noise i hear when i turn the ignotion on on my Motorcycle. As i understand it to bleed the ABS the Pump has top be activated via the diagnosis plug - which obviously i can't do. I am hoping a service of the ABS system will sort out the Variable lever pull. Worst case i'll ditch the ABS and get some new hoses to go "old school".

With regard to the key, i know its a no no as a general rule but i got the Vespa for a really god price and my local Locksmith assures me he can duplicate pretty much any type of transponder type of Vehicle key. I have ordered a Blank from SIP and with take it to him next week.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport
UTC quote
welcome to the forum

the blue key can be cloned

if you go into the 'search' and type in blue key clone gts.. lots of useful posts there
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
Welcome in MV from Latina, central Italy.
@stevemster avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@stevemster avatar
UTC quote
A blue key can be cloned, but no red master key is a big issue and as previously mentioned I would have walked away.
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
SteveMster wrote:
A blue key can be cloned, but no red master key is a big issue and as previously mentioned I would have walked away.
This has been the opinion since I first purchased Rocket 16 years ago.

But, because I have never needed a red key through the ownership of five GTs, I am beginning to believe that this one can be let go.

With the ability of cloning a blue key, I can't see the red key being important anymore.

I recommend cloning an extra blue key and keep it in the same safe place as you would keep a red key.

Bill
OP
UTC

250GTS ABS

250GTS ABS
UTC quote
As Bill said,

for many years i have had Motorcycles with RED KEYS and code Cards and not once needed them.

I have probably just jinxed myself!
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Welcome to MV!

Sounds like you did pretty well with the scooter. The key is sort of a non-issue IMO. Got nervous with my first Vespa, got the blue key cloned, and in 8 years never needed it.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
chris250GTS wrote:
I have ordered a Blank from SIP and with take it to him next week.
I hope that is one that can be cloned. The standard Piaggio blanks cannot be cloned - the ECU has to be programmed to them using the Master key.

Any good auto locksmith should be able to get a programmable blank - Fiat/Lancia are the ones to look out for. There should be some of those available in the EU!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0105s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]