OP
UTC

Hooked
Rally 200

Hooked
Rally 200
UTC quote
Hi folks

I'm in need of some advice please. I'm having an issue with my fuel tap leaking it's an original with the bowl at the bottom, I'm looking to fit a new one, what would you guys recommend?

Also do I need to change the lever for a longer one or will the original still work?

Thanks for any help

Cgt75b.
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
Ring up your local scooter shop and buy a new fuel tap and a fuel tap wrench for a Rally gas tank. New taps don't have the bowl, but will work with the existing lever.

If your fuel hose is rock hard, might consider buying a new one with some screw type hose clamps as well.
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

Hooked
Rally 200

Hooked
Rally 200
UTC quote
Hi folks

Just an update on this issue

I fitted an SIP FF fuel tap all seems to be working well now. I also had a leak from the carb to air box, so I bought some 1 mil gasket sheet from eBay and made up a gasket, happily with the desired result of a leak free carb.

Hope this maybe helps someone out in the future.

Thanks for your help MJ Rally.

Best regards

Cgt75b 😎
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Cgt75b wrote:
Hi folks

Just an update on this issue

I fitted an SIP FF fuel tap all seems to be working well now. I also had a leak from the carb to air box, so I bought some 1 mil gasket sheet from eBay and made up a gasket, happily with the desired result of a leak free carb.

Hope this maybe helps someone out in the future.

Thanks for your help MJ Rally.

Best regards

Cgt75b 😎
I bought a sip ff tap version 2.0 for my dr177 px, saved so much aggro from low petrol gravity tank fuel starvation issues, very good part. I tighten my carb to box up every couple of months as they do loosen over time.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0102s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0031s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]