@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
I got all excited thinking that I would see some shotguns.
@knight_train avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)

Ossessionato
@knight_train avatar
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)
UTC quote
Hmm…. These look suspiciously similar to the BMW 310GS. Our local BMW dealer had a few Benelli sport looking bikes in 2020. They ultimately sold but it took a while.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
kz1000ST wrote:
https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/qjmotor-700cc-models-hint-new-benelli-to-come/

And outselling some big brands in Italy.
They win because of low prices and "relative" quality ... I mean, the Italian motorcyclist considers a two-wheeled vehicle to be old after only 20,000 km. (12,500 miles); a second part of pilots wait for this distance class to buy at a third less (sometimes half) of the initial price. Italian law obliges you to give a one-year warranty (backed by the seller but not by a private individual) on used vehicles.
So the market holds up for a few years but then they end up in large warehouses or exported outside Italy.
This is to say that a Benelli paid today for six thousand euros you can find it in a year for three thousand euros probably with a few thousand miles but yet it will hardly find a buyer!
Absurd right? I can assure you that this is the case, this reduces the sales of the new one even if it is often more convenient than another brand for type and displacement.
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
UTC quote
2011Super wrote:
I got all excited thinking that I would see some shotguns.
Holland & Holland are making scooters? Do I have to buy two identical ones?
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Maybe he understood something else:

http://www.dhollandia.be/US/en-us
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
I liked my Leoncino but an electrical connector came loose on the left handle bar and it was the smallest, cheapest connector I've ever seen.

It felt as if the barest minimum had been used during assembly.

Oh, a relay for the fuel gauge failed as well.

No thanks.
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200

Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
This is to say that a Benelli paid today for six thousand euros you can find it in a year for three thousand euros probably with a few thousand miles but yet it will hardly find a buyer!
Absurd right?
I think I missed your point here. Could you please elaborate?

I understood that there are relatively low mile newer year bikes available for half price and with a 1 year warranty from dealer. But nobody will buy them!

I think your point was that used bike buyers in Italy do not consider these low miles, so they won't buy them even with cheap price and warranty?

Any idea where this idea / market behavior comes from? Given how scooters are much more common in Europe, I naively thought there would be a strong used bike market. So I am curious that my assumption was wrong.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
I've probably already said this but does it appear to you that Benelli are playing this game of catch up by seeing what sells and then making their own version ?
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
berto wrote:
I think I missed your point here. Could you please elaborate?

I understood that there are relatively low mile newer year bikes available for half price and with a 1 year warranty from dealer. But nobody will buy them!

I think your point was that used bike buyers in Italy do not consider these low miles, so they won't buy them even with cheap price and warranty?

Any idea where this idea / market behavior comes from? Given how scooters are much more common in Europe, I naively thought there would be a strong used bike market. So I am curious that my assumption was wrong.
Um ... it also happens with other more famous brands, here in Italy motorcycles and scooters "age" very quickly; I explain better, the buyer generally buys the vehicle already knowing that he will keep it for a short time. Often behind this behavior is the fear of losing too much on the initial purchase value (I'm talking about new vehicles) and not having enough money to make up the difference when you want to change.
So the used vehicle market saturates quickly and the value drops, but for a couple of years the trend has been changing ... Why?
Because now many manufacturers are selling the vehicle to you as a kind of leasing, rent; you advance a third of the value and pay a little every month and if after a certain period if you want to keep it you pay the difference otherwise return and take another scooter or motorcycle by paying the difference if there is and continue to pay as if it were rented complete.
Problem: it seems convenient for those (many) who are used to buying and reselling in a short time (one, two or a maximum of three years) but the vehicles collected by the manufacturers are put up for sale as used going to clog the market and lowering the prices of the ' used.
At the base of everything is that a lot is produced and so quickly that there is too much goods compared to the demand, there is over-production!
And they are "niche products" ...
OP
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
UTC quote
Motorcycles used to be like that. Depreciation made them nearly worthless after four years. In the 1960s a used Triumph was worth about half its new cost after two years. I sold my $1400 Kawasaki for $200 after six years and 30,000 miles. It was all I could get.

It's not like that now. Craigslist is filled with bikes now with ridiculous high asking prices.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0152s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0056s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]