OP
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
 
Addicted
@billrush avatar
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
UTC quote
My 2021 Sprint 150 has the US style turn signal pods. Robot at Scooter West convinced me that I'd be a slug if I didn't remove those ugly pods. Plus I was bored. So I ordered their kit and now I need to wait 4-8 weeks while it's on back order.

Of course that's no big deal. But it does make me wonder if anyone else makes a similar plug and play kit. Anyone know of another source?

Just asking for another kit source.

But if you must express your opinion about removing the pods, go right ahead!
@rgk avatar
UTC

Hooked
2021 GTS Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 104
Location: Deep South
 
Hooked
@rgk avatar
2021 GTS Super
Joined: UTC
Posts: 104
Location: Deep South
UTC quote
Billrush wrote:
Just asking for another kit source.

But if you must express your opinion about removing the pods, go right ahead!
IMO, there is not another source for that item that is as reputable as SW. I have looked elsewhere and failed to find a source that I'm comfortable with. The added value of their Youtube channel is imeasurable, IMO.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22659
Location: Nashville, Indiana
 
Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22659
Location: Nashville, Indiana
OP
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
 
Addicted
@billrush avatar
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
UTC quote
rgk wrote:
IMO, The added value of their Youtube channel is imeasurable, IMO.
I totally agree and would not try another source if they were not back ordered.
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
UTC quote
One suggestion, if you're going to order from SIP, is to order through ScooterMercato. Dave orders things in bulk from them, so I haven't really noted an added cost passed forward (his shipping is, in turn, affordable and fast). The only reason being it supports a US shop, and if there's a problem with your order you can work through his business instead of trying to contact and return overseas
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22659
Location: Nashville, Indiana
 
Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22659
Location: Nashville, Indiana
UTC quote
xantufrog wrote:
One suggestion, if you're going to order from SIP, is to order through ScooterMercato. Dave orders things in bulk from them, so I haven't really noted an added cost passed forward (his shipping is, in turn, affordable and fast). The only reason being it supports a US shop, and if there's a problem with your order you can work through his business instead of trying to contact and return overseas
Great advice. Filing that.
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8892
Location: Atlanta, GA
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Great advice. Filing that.
No problem! I will say I've not bought modern Vespa parts from them, so I don't know if their stock is as comprehensive as it is for old scoots. But I will also say 1) he has a "what part do you want me to order from SIP" purchase option, and 2) I've found sometimes they have parts that aren't listed on the website, so it is worth a call if you want to buy through them but don't think they have what you need based on the website
UTC

Hooked
2020 primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 423
Location: Lorton virginia
 
Hooked
2020 primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 423
Location: Lorton virginia
UTC quote
SIP does not have the kits to remove the pods but I have used them for other parts I could not fine in the US.I purchased the kits from Scooterswest and removed the rear pods but I think I will leave the front pods on for now as I do not want to remove the leg shield if I have a problem with the lights. Thanks
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5150
Location: Oceanside, CA
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5150
Location: Oceanside, CA
UTC quote
Don't know where to bring it up but I was just at SW yesterday talking to the owner Alex. He said they're back ordered on 4,000 items. Might be a while before the supply chains start moving again.
UTC

Hooked
2020 primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 423
Location: Lorton virginia
 
Hooked
2020 primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 423
Location: Lorton virginia
UTC quote
Mi 200 pr rear. If you want to only remove the rear pods.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
There isn't a 'kit'. It's the rear indicators Piaggio sells in Europe.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
MJRally wrote:
Don't know where to bring it up but I was just at SW yesterday talking to the owner Alex. He said they're back ordered on 4,000 items. Might be a while before the supply chains start moving again.
That sounds about right. In the last couple of months our b2b sales have gone up 281%, and it's been mostly franchise dealers buying really basic things. I've had to scramble to keep really basic things like headlight assemblies, belts, rollers and brake components in stock. Someone bought all our Oem GTS Covers right at the beginning of the month, so I had to get 30 more out of the Pontedera warehouse while Piaggio was shutting down, not an easy feat. Shops are buying four carburetors at a time. More than 80% of all the new OEM Piaggio 4 stroke carbs installed by dealers so far this month came through us (we have access to their 'on hand' inventory list for the US warehouse, and had more than ten times as many on hand as they did at the end of July, which is not good, because what we had on hand wasn't a lot), and we started a mailing list to our dealer clients letting them know when inventory lands. Dealers have been sending long lists of what they need, and it's often things like kickstand rubbers, spark plugs or bolts, very basic stuff. That has never happened before. We got in six dragon red primavera top cases Monday and five were sold before the shipment was unpacked. We usually sell a couple a month. Right before they closed for august, Piaggio discontinued a lot of Lx and Gt parts (lx150 carb, gt200 taillight, to name a couple), tried to clamp down on Italian distributors who are selling parts to us (There is one distributor in Italy who is authorized to sell for export. We buy from five for our tiny little dealership in northern Italy.), and raised prices on everything with a chip. More than half our calls are dealers asking if we really have something in stock, and we've had to ration parts like waterpump o-rings so we have some for our retail customers. So it's going to be interesting for a while.
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3924
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
 
Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3924
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
That sounds about right. In the last couple of months our b2b sales have gone up 281%, and it's been mostly franchise dealers buying really basic things. I've had to scramble to keep really basic things like headlight assemblies, belts, rollers and brake components in stock. Someone bought all our Oem GTS Covers right at the beginning of the month, so I had to get 30 more out of the Pontedera warehouse while Piaggio was shutting down, not an easy feat. Shops are buying four carburetors at a time. More than 80% of all the new OEM Piaggio 4 stroke carbs installed by dealers so far this month came through us (we have access to their 'on hand' inventory list for the US warehouse, and had more than ten times as many on hand as they did at the end of July, which is not good, because what we had on hand wasn't a lot), and we started a mailing list to our dealer clients letting them know when inventory lands. Dealers have been sending long lists of what they need, and it's often things like kickstand rubbers, spark plugs or bolts, very basic stuff. That has never happened before. We got in six dragon red primavera top cases Monday and five were sold before the shipment was unpacked. We usually sell a couple a month. Right before they closed for august, Piaggio discontinued a lot of Lx and Gt parts (lx150 carb, gt200 taillight, to name a couple), tried to clamp down on Italian distributors who are selling parts to us (There is one distributor in Italy who is authorized to sell for export. We buy from five for our tiny little dealership in northern Italy.), and raised prices on everything with a chip. More than half our calls are dealers asking if we really have something in stock, and we've had to ration parts like waterpump o-rings so we have some for our retail customers. So it's going to be interesting for a while.
Well, this certainly checks out with what I'm going through with my bike so far.
Service Department Purgatory: Three Months and Counting
Service Department Purgatory: Three Months and Counting
UTC

Hooked
2019 Primavera 150 Touring
Joined: UTC
Posts: 147
Location: Whittier, CA
 
Hooked
2019 Primavera 150 Touring
Joined: UTC
Posts: 147
Location: Whittier, CA
UTC quote
What's up Bill. I just placed an order for some items that I need, will follow up tomorrow.
@chrisfromcle avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102
Joined: UTC
Posts: 459
Location: NE Ohio, USA
 
Hooked
@chrisfromcle avatar
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102
Joined: UTC
Posts: 459
Location: NE Ohio, USA
UTC quote
Billrush,

Did you by chance pull the rear euro pods at all? I have a 2019 Primavera and all he pieces for the rears were already - bulb and socket were there just not hooked up. Instead of buying the "kit" I took the wire from the US pods and butt spliced them to the existing euro pod wires.

The front driving light pods have a plastic closer where the where the turn signal bulb should go. At the time I was able to order the socket from scooter west:

HARNESS AND BULB SOCKET ASSEMBLY FOR SMALL BA9S BASE BULB W/OFFSET PINS - For use in Primavera/Sprint Front Turn Signals (EURO CONVERSION) Or rear USA tail lights. (1D000261)
12V10WYL-HARNESS. $19.95.

(Sadly this seems to be no longer available but someone else might have it)

I installed these and butt spliced the wires from the US pods (after snaking down the head).

If you can find the sockets, and are not afraid to crimp a butt splice, this can be done for only a few bucks. Backs can be done for freeā€¦Note, I kept the halogen bulbs and did not do an LED conversion.

Hope this helps.

Chris from CLE
@double_m avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa Primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 112
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Hooked
@double_m avatar
Vespa Primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 112
Location: Long Island, NY
UTC quote
My 2019 Primavera is recovered stolen scooter. Wha? emoticon It needed a bunch of re-wiring to get back on the road. I asked my friend that was doing the restoration if he could rewire the euro signals and remove the US Signals. I figured since he was in there, anyways... It was a rather simple job (for those that are familiar with electrical systems). Clap emoticon The only issue I had was that the reactivated euro front signals AKA Running lights were the wrong color to pass NYS inspection. Crying or Very sad emoticon They were white and needed to be yellow. After a few tries, I found appropriate yellow LEDs. The back ones are Red and that shouldn't be an issue. I have not been back to try and get inspected yet. Facepalm emoticon I will keep y'all informed...
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
Billrush wrote:
My 2021 Sprint 150 has the US style turn signal pods. Robot at Scooter West convinced me that I'd be a slug if I didn't remove those ugly pods. Plus I was bored. So I ordered their kit and now I need to wait 4-8 weeks while it's on back order.

Of course that's no big deal. But it does make me wonder if anyone else makes a similar plug and play kit. Anyone know of another source?

Just asking for another kit source.

But if you must express your opinion about removing the pods, go right ahead!
I hear those indicators are real hard to get. Were you able to find a place in the US that has them in stock?
OP
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
 
Addicted
@billrush avatar
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
I hear those indicators are real hard to get. Were you able to find a place in the US that has them in stock?
Scooterpartsco

Came in about a week.

davidsvespa@gmail.com makes plug and play cables for the conversion. They are On The Way! He's a member here and has posted a video on what he did. its well done.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2293
Location: Ohio
 
Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2293
Location: Ohio
UTC quote
What is causing back orders - when I can buy a helmet (in the Netherlands ) on Sat from ebay and be wearing it Weds morning in Ohio? oh yes - shipping was free.
O.S.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9032
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
OldSchooot wrote:
What is causing back orders - when I can buy a helmet (in the Netherlands ) on Sat from ebay and be wearing it Weds morning in Ohio? oh yes - shipping was free.
O.S.
You could have walked into Competition Accessories or Cycle Gear on Saturday and left wearing a US legal helmet in half an hour. And if you bought more than $2000 worth of helmets in Holland, you would probably never see them. But if you need model specific parts for either of the bikes you ride, might be a little longer.
OP
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
 
Addicted
@billrush avatar
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 838
Location: Naples Florida USA
UTC quote
OldSchooot wrote:
What is causing back orders - when I can buy a helmet (in the Netherlands ) on Sat from ebay and be wearing it Weds morning in Ohio? oh yes - shipping was free.
O.S.
I've heard that the higher demand items are harder to find.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0223s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0079s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]