OP
UTC

Vespa et2 50

Vespa et2 50
UTC quote
I had issues with the gas line so i replaced it and now it seems to bogg out and die i thought it was the air filter so i changed it out and it seems to have gotten worse any tips or advice will be very helpfull .if i go slow up to about 10 mph and then give it more throttle it goes but it still dies at certain parts
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
What issues were you having with the gas line and did this problem exist at all before you replaced it?
OP
UTC

Vespa et2 50

Vespa et2 50
UTC quote
The gas line was totatally split it was in 2 different parts when i took it off
OP
UTC

Vespa et2 50

Vespa et2 50
UTC quote
I forgot to add when i took off my air filter i thought i could clean it but it pretty much dissolved in the water
OP
UTC

Vespa et2 50

Vespa et2 50
UTC quote
Only this like this that happend before was once i was going about 40 i heard what sounded like pressure release and the scooter died but i started it right back up after checking the hoses and was good until this happend
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
Since this is a 2 stroke, I would suggest you check the spark plug. And I hope you changed out the vacuum line when you installed the new fuel line.
OP
UTC

Vespa et2 50

Vespa et2 50
UTC quote
I did not change out the vacuum line i didnt know i had to no other lines seemed to be messed up
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
UTC quote
Lately in our Vespa group we have had two riders who experienced erratic throttle response and cutting out. After much trial by elimination (in ascending order of cost) the fault was traced to fuel injection.

One had a dirty throttle body and the other an intermittent faulty injector.
@abner_bjorn avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 GT200, 2008 Yamaha C3, 2009 BV250

Molto Verboso
@abner_bjorn avatar
2007 GT200, 2008 Yamaha C3, 2009 BV250
UTC quote
I had a similar issue after replacing the fuel and vacuum lines on my GT200. Bike would fire up strong, and go for a half of block or so before sputtering out and dying. I'd push it back home, try it 3 hours later and get the same result. Ended up being a pinched fuel line between the petcock and fuel pump. The curve was sharp and hidden by the lower side panel. The tube was pinched only letting a small amount of fuel through. It would set, and fuel would seep in to fill the bowl. Retrace your fuel line. Be sure there is not a sharp bend somewhere.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0147s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0072s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]