OP
UTC

Vespa et2 50

Vespa et2 50
UTC quote
What is the correct carb to buy for my vespa 50cc been looking online but with so many options i dont know also any links on videos on how to replace and clean the old one would be appreciated
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
UTC quote
As far as I'm aware they only came in two flavors, the Weber 12 and Dell'orto phva 17.5.

I think the Weber was the only one to make it to US bikes (that's what I had), but you can pretty much only find the 17.5 as a replacement (unless you scavenge another ETs Weber). The 17.5 made it here on the Typhoon, and was used in a number of other scoots.

I will say - swapping different types of carbs can be a pain to get it tuned up for your bike. So unless you NEED to, I'd really encourage just cleaning and rehabbing the one you have.
⚠️ Last edited by xantufrog on UTC; edited 1 time
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
UTC quote
And here's a guide on carb bits and setup using the 17.5 as a visual aid (but the Weber isn't too different)

2-Stroke Carburetor Set-up Technique
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0960s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0883s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]