OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
Well, not quite at the level Philip K. Dick wrote, but close enough.

I've often felt a bit divergent in bike circles. This is because of my continuous curiosity - and hence a very non-brand loyal behaviour. In addition, my preferences seem to shift around motorcycling in general. I've enjoyed touring, scrambling in forests, paved twisties...

I've had my current bike around 4 seasons - that's a long one for me. During that time, my riding has, again, clearly shifted from gravel and forest shortcuts towards paved B-roads.

My current bike is in many ways close to perfection to my needs. This does not stop me thinking about the next one though

This is what I've realised: I would really, really much like to have an electric BMW R1250R.

Yep, there is none.

There is not much I don't like about the current ICE version. In a way, the boxer engine is definitely part of the attraction.

Still, looking at the price tag, I can't help thinking even the latest and greatest shift cam ICE boxer feels... ahem.... old fashioned.

As my preferences are, as they typically are, all over the place, I made the same observation of the new Honda Forza 750 scoot. Laugh at me not, in my universe this a serious alternative to the R1250R. Very nice scoot, great reviews... but darn, why can't it be an electric one?

Although I've followed electrification for long time, tipped my toe into it with a plug-in hybrid car, this is honestly the first time I've realised that mayby I don't wish to buy another ICE bike anymore.

This is radical for me - thought to share if someone else have reached the same deep end too.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
Buy an not much perfect scooter, it will compensate for the perfection of your motorcycle ... You can remove the internal combustion engine and electrify it, i'm not kidding.
Hint: Vespa 946 ( but where do you put the batteries?) Or at least that's what i'd do...
@marret avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 GTS300 ABS

Hooked
@marret avatar
2016 GTS300 ABS
UTC quote
Sold my last BMW, HP2E, in Feb. Wanted to go electric. Decided to focus on a scooter, but no e-scooters available here with speed or range wanted.

Looks like there may be an option in India soon, don't know if it will make it to Europe or the US.
https://electrek.co/2021/08/16/ola-shocks-with-beautiful-high-tech-70-mph-electric-scooters-the-entire-world-needs-to-see/

On the motorcycle side, we have a few choices.

Energica:
https://www.energicamotor.com/

I was hoping for more from Cake, but I know of a few in the US who had bad experiences. Light, but short range.
https://ridecake.com/en/

There is also Zero in the US:
https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/[/url]
⚠️ Last edited by marret on UTC; edited 1 time
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT
UTC quote
RRider, I'm with you. I'm doubtful I'll buy another ICE, either 2 or 4 wheels. Miguel
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
Miguel wrote:
RRider, I'm with you. I'm doubtful I'll buy another ICE, either 2 or 4 wheels. Miguel
I've been certain about 4 wheelers already, but feeling this strong towards 2 wheelers took me by surprise.

I'm also the first to add, that a plug-in hybrid car is a bit...well, non-optimal solution in the long run. At the time of purchase, or even right now, I could not find a full electric car that met the same, subjective to me, price/quality/comfort/rideability/easiness of use criterion as the plug-in hybrid I got. I'm absolutely sure there will be many very soon and the charging infra develops here literally daily.

Part of the equation for the car was that I can already now ride a bit above 70% of all trips with electricity, as my commuting and shopping ranges are short. The rest takes place in various, sometimes rural places with poor infra - so this is a very convenient solution for me right now.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0095s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]