OP
UTC

Vespa GTS 125ie Super

Vespa GTS 125ie Super
UTC quote
Greetings everyone,

I need some help please. My 2015 Vespa GTS 125 Super has started sputtering at low acceleration, and a bit when I gain more speed. It doesn't cut out and at idle sounds pretty stable. It has around 28,000 miles.

I'm not a mechanic, I do know a little, but please speak plainly. I would appreciate any help. 🙏🏼
@gtdespatchcourier avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300ie

Molto Verboso
@gtdespatchcourier avatar
GTS 300ie
UTC quote
how long since it was last serviced? it might be due a spark plug change/air filter clean/oil change/transmission service etc ?
OP
UTC

Vespa GTS 125ie Super

Vespa GTS 125ie Super
UTC quote
GTdespatchcourier wrote:
how long since it was last serviced? it might be due a spark plug change/air filter clean/oil change/transmission service etc ?
Thank you for the reply. The service was probably about 2000 miles ago. I've changed out the belt, rollers, sliders and air filter much sooner than that. I've also changed out the spark plug much much sooner. The oil probably needs some changing though. Has not had a transmission service recently. Howeive kept an eye on the transmission fluid levels/colour and was at level and colour normal. What does a transmission service entail?

Many thanks.
-chris
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento

Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
UTC quote
The transmission service is what you have already done, i.e. belt, rollers, sliders and general clean-up inside the transmission cover.

You have not mentioned doing a valve check, if it's never been done, your scooter is way over due to have it done and it could be the source of the symptoms you are describing.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0126s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0043s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]