OP
UTC

65 small frame and 64 large frame Allstate

UTC quote
Got a new cylinder and piston to replace the seized ones that came with my project Allstate.
Question is, so I need to hone the cylinder before assembly? No marks whatsoever on the bore right now.
@gickspeed avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@gickspeed avatar
UTC quote
Paulc wrote:
Got a new cylinder and piston to replace the seized ones that came with my project Allstate.
Question is, so I need to hone the cylinder before assembly? No marks whatsoever on the bore right now.
Probably not. I would clean up the port edges though. . . They are especially bad on economy cylinders.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Did find some rough and sharp edges on the ports. Cleaned them up with a diamond file.
I presume chamfering the edges keeps the rings from hanging up on the port edges?
Also the aluminum head gasket overhung the ports slightly in a couple of spots so I cleaned those up too, or am I being too anal now?

Another question, paint the cylinder with high heat paint or not?
@gickspeed avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@gickspeed avatar
UTC quote
Paulc wrote:
Did find some rough and sharp edges on the ports. Cleaned them up with a diamond file.
I presume chamfering the edges keeps the rings from hanging up on the port edges?
Also the aluminum head gasket overhung the ports slightly in a couple of spots so I cleaned those up too, or am I being too anal now?

Another question, paint the cylinder with high heat paint or not?
Why? It is a new cylinder. Get it prepped and install.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0106s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0035s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]