OP
@creaseuk avatar
UTC

MP3 400 - MP3 250

@creaseuk avatar
MP3 400 - MP3 250
UTC quote
After getting my MP3 400 up and running, I was introduced to a really nice gentleman in southern California (7 hours drive from me) who had an MP3 250 for disposal. I guess I couldn't resist the challenge or allure of another MP3 and negotiated a deal to purchase it. I knew from the outset that it had mayonnaise for engine oil so the price reflected the need for a new head gasket. I'm now the proud (or crazy) owner of a 2007 silver MP3 250 with about 38,000kms. Its a little rough around the edges, mainly from its original owner, not the person I purchased it from. It looks like it has never been washed. It also sounds like a Ducati race motorcycle with a dry clutch set up. Like all well intended purchases, I'm sure there are more details to address than the head gasket, the clutch noise and peculiarly a completely smashed trunk. I have no idea how this could happen but the inside of the trunk is trashed. Looking on the internet I have found a motorcycle dismantler selling a whole trunk assembly for $34.00 or just the plastic lower tray for $8.00 what a great deal you think - except the shipping is $212.00! So, now i'm looking for a more cost effective replacement. If you are interested in how much bodywork has to be removed to take out the engine, here are some pictures. I'm not in any real hurry to complete the work, but I'll take some pictures as I go. Here is the result of day 1.
An unbelievable amount of plastic has to be removed.
An unbelievable amount of plastic has to be removed.
Surely the dirtiest MP3 engine in America.
Surely the dirtiest MP3 engine in America.
This is what is underneath your plastic bodywork
This is what is underneath your plastic bodywork
More parts removed - where will I store them...?
More parts removed - where will I store them...?
OP
@creaseuk avatar
UTC

MP3 400 - MP3 250

@creaseuk avatar
MP3 400 - MP3 250
UTC quote
Opps - Here is a picture of the trunk
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@pmatulew avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3 400, 2004 Honda ST1300

Hooked
@pmatulew avatar
2009 MP3 400, 2004 Honda ST1300
UTC quote
Just a reminder to not store your grenades in the trunk. ROFL emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0096s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]