OP
UTC

Lurker
2003 ET2

Lurker
2003 ET2
UTC quote
Hello I am new here and just purchased a 2003 ET2. It had some trouble starting, I took it to a reputable shop here in Brooklyn that deals specifically with these vespas. They concluded that the fuel tap was bad causing flooding in engine and replaced it. Right after that I topped up my scooter with fully synthetic two stroke oil. Since then when the scooter sits it has leaked what seems to be oil from this open tube right onto the rear wheel. Does anyone known what this line is? Is it some sort of excess draining line? Did I fill up my et2 with too much oil? I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the repair of the fuel tap. Unfortunately the replacement of the fuel tap has not solved my starting issue. The longer the scooter sits the harder it is to start. When it's being started for the first time in a while it produces a lot of white smoke which I assume is the excess oil from the overflowed engine? Any help would be appreciated please see photo for reference.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
From the location, it looks like it's the carb overflow pipe.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0079s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0024s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]