OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Hi folks,

I know this is a longshot, but I'm curious if anyone with a BV350 has downloaded the factory map from their ECU using the IAWMIUG3 reader. The map in my '13 BV350 was updated by a dealer in 2014, but I'm sure there are more recent calibrations from Piaggio since then. If anyone can retrieve the map from their BV and send it to me I'd be most appreciative.

If I don't get any responses I'll assume I'm too far out in the weeds for my fellow BV riders on MV

Thanks!
UTC

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i
UTC quote
I have the two cables to build the USB to ECU cable, and have downloaded the readers/writers per the note in the projects/archive page, but have this project on the back burner til winter.

My BV350 was updated (I think) in 2018 or 2019. The previous owner had it done and included the paperwork for it with the bike. So, sooner or later, I'll have that info. How soon did you need it?
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
I don't really have a need per se, just trying to take advantage of any improvements in the newer maps. I appreciate your willingness to help!

By the way, it took about 15 minutes for the map in my bike to transfer to my laptop. Since the headlight isn't on until you hit the start button, I didn't even bother hooking up a battery charger.
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
UTC quote
You could of course get your dealer to upload the newer map for you. If done as a separate job they do charge money for it but it's usually not much. If done on a service quite often the upload is free or just a nominal sum. Over here it's free with a service or around $52 if done as a separate job.

Of course the advantage of doing this through the dealer is you get the latest version of the ecu upgrade from the factory uncorrupted source. Plus probably less likely hood of accidentally corrupting the ecu which I've seen quite a bit of over time when owners do this sort of thing. Usually not due to owners doing something wrong but issues with the file that's been passed around.
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Stromrider wrote:
You could of course get your dealer to upload the newer map for you. If done as a separate job they do charge money for it but it's usually not much. If done on a service quite often the upload is free or just a nominal sum. Over here it's free with a service or around $52 if done as a separate job.

Of course the advantage of doing this through the dealer is you get the latest version of the ecu upgrade from the factory uncorrupted source. Plus probably less likely hood of accidentally corrupting the ecu which I've seen quite a bit of over time when owners do this sort of thing. Usually not due to owners doing something wrong but issues with the file that's been passed around.
Thanks. I'm not really worried about a corrupted file. I can always go back to the one I downloaded from my ECU. I'd also like to compare my existing map to a later one to see what changes they have made.
⬆️    About 2 years elapsed    ⬇️
@painc4ke avatar
UTC

2013 BV 350/Kymco Movie 150

@painc4ke avatar
2013 BV 350/Kymco Movie 150
UTC quote
I am in the exact same boat right now. I for the life of me, cant get the local dealer to work with me on updating my 2013 bv 350 ECU. Apart from sending it to another dealer to get fixed, I am trying to flash it myself but am having trouble finding a map.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0101s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0023s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]