OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 125

Lurker
Vespa LX 125
UTC quote
Hi,

I need to change my rollers and decided to try some Dr. Pulley.

However, I'm not sure what weight I should take. I know that the stock rollers are 8.7gram and I need to go +/- 1gram lighter then stock.

So, I searched on the Internet and only found 7.5 or 8.5 gram.

I'm not sure what weight I should take, and I am afraid that 7.5 gram is to light and will result in to much overdrive.

Is there someone with experience with Dr pulley on a LX 125?

In my opinion, 8 grams would be perfect, but I can't find them.
@seamus26 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50

Ossessionato
@seamus26 avatar
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 (sold) / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T /Aprilia Sportcity One 50
UTC quote
Search around the forum here. There are lots of discussions about them.

I found this - someone asking the same question about nine years ago ...

LINK
Quote:
Hey robocopvn,

Did a search on the wiki and your LX125 should be using 19mm x 17mm and 8.7g stock rollers. You should be using the same dimensions for the sliders but as for what weights to use you'll have to wait for others to reply.
Quote:
Going to the next lighter weight on the sliders is what Dr. Pulley recommends for an otherwise stock bike.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 125

Lurker
Vespa LX 125
UTC quote
Thnx for the reply. I did some research and indeed found the topic you posted, but there isn't a straight answer.

Most discussions talk about the injection or 150 models. They use 10 gram rollers as stock. So there isn't much information about the 125 carburetor model.

They suggest to get the next lighter weight. So that would be 8.5 gram. But that's just 0.2 granm lighter then stock. Is that going to make any difference in performance?

Ofcourse I could just try and get both the 7.5 and 8.5 sliders, but they are pretty expensive in my country so I rather choose one that works best.
@isdeekelis avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Derbi Boulevard 125 4t

Enthusiast
@isdeekelis avatar
Derbi Boulevard 125 4t
UTC quote
Hi,

I would suggest to go with 8.5gr. I did mistake and bought 7.5gr for my 125cc carburated Leader and they were too light.

7.5gr would be an option if you have time and tools and will. I was able to make 7.5gr to weigh anything between 8 and 10gr just by changing inserts made from different metals. Copper(1mm), aluminum(1mm), stainless steel(0.5-0.6mm) plates cut in i think 15mm wide stripes and length adjusted to achieve desired weight. Then rolled to fit firmly inside slider. Takes time, but allows to do very fine tuning in achieving desired engine RPM.
This works if sliders have wide hole, like in Dr.Pulley i had. Techpulleys have small hole, so weight range adjustment is much narrower. And there is no "lip" to hold inserts in Techpulleys, so it takes more effort to prevent them from falling out.
example
example
⚠️ Last edited by isdeekelis on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 125

Lurker
Vespa LX 125
UTC quote
isdeekelis wrote:
Hi,

I would suggest to go with 8.5gr. I did mistake and bought 7.5gr for my 125cc carburated Leader and they were too light.

7.5gr would be an option if you have time and tools and will. I was able to make 7.5gr to weigh anything between 8 and 10gr just by changing inserts made from different metals. Copper(1mm), aluminum(1mm), stainless steel(0.5-0.6mm) plates cut in i think 15mm wide stripes and length adjusted to achieve desired weight. Then rolled to fit firmly inside slider. Takes time, but allows to do very fine tuning in achieving desired engine RPM.
Thnx! Is it possible to mix Dr pulley sliders? So I buy them both 7.5 and 8.5 gram. Mix them 3 on 3.
@isdeekelis avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Derbi Boulevard 125 4t

Enthusiast
@isdeekelis avatar
Derbi Boulevard 125 4t
UTC quote
Bercimod wrote:
Thnx! Is it possible to mix Dr pulley sliders? So I buy them both 7.5 and 8.5 gram. Mix them 3 on 3.
Not good idea, as i think this will increase possibility of sliders flipping over.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0258s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0041s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]