OP
UTC

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i

Hooked
2013 BV350, 2014 GTS , 2016 GTS, 2013 Downtown 300i, 2018 Like 150i
UTC quote
I noticed that one can purchase "blank" Vespa chipped brown keys online.

I have the original Brown key to my Vespa. Will a Zed Bull programmer correctly clone a new brown key from my working original brown key?

I know that , with my Brown key, I can get any number of blue keys cut and program them to my bike. I'm just wondering if I can create a brown key copy.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
No, at least not that way! The Piaggio master key blanks cannot themselves be programmed, and nor can the Piaggio service key blanks. The ECU has to be programmed first to a master key (this can normally happen only once) and can then be programmed to up to seven service keys.

However, blanks are available that *can* be flashed to be copies (clones) of either a master or service key. These are different beasts entirely, and any good auto locksmith should be able to use an existing Piaggio key to clone it to one of these blanks.
UTC

Hooked
Aprilia Mojito 125

Hooked
Aprilia Mojito 125
UTC quote
The answer is a cheap chinese key chip cloner. It can do a clone of any chip, no matter if brown or black. Next you simply install it into a cut key. You may even choose to make it blue or red
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
Jah wrote:
The answer is a cheap chinese key chip cloner. It can do a clone of any chip, no matter if brown or black. Next you simply install it into a cut key. You may even choose to make it blue or red
Same here in Aus. Any transponder can be cloned..
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0208s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]